5.0 out of 5 stars I am a Bunny
This is a brilliant book which simply explains the seasons to young children. The illustrations are magical and this book can be read over and over again. Children easily identify with Nicholas and love exploring his world.
Published on 21 Oct 2002

3.0 out of 5 stars There'a a page missing from the Kindle edition!! :O
Published 12 months ago by M. Beaird

5.0 out of 5 stars I am a Bunny, 21 Oct 2002
By A Customer
I was bought this book when I was 3, my son read it when he was little and now my 18-month old daughter has just discovered it. We all love it and I'm buying a new copy so that I'll have one for grandchildren in the years to come.
This is a brilliant book - buy it.

5.0 out of 5 stars childhood is incomplete without this book, 13 Sep 2009
This review is from: I Am a Bunny (Golden Sturdy Book) (Board book)
I cant rate this book high enough, no childhood is complete without Richard Scarrys books, they realy take you to a place that is so inoccent and charming.
I read this story as a child although it was included in a much bigger book by Richard Scarry called the 'Best Story Book Ever', it was stuffed to the gunnells with all sorts of stories, facts, educational pieces and nursery rhymes, all illustrated by Richard Scarry in his many differing styles, sometimes detailed and painterly others scetchy and cartoonish, I still have my childhood copy wich my sliblings and I called the 'big brown book' due to the fact that it had long lost its cover and what was underneath was brown. How we all loved that book it was dribbled on scribbled on and pooed on because it was always there like a favourite blanket dragged around the house.
I have so many happy memories of sitting on the sofa with my mother reading it, thinking that everything looked so real especialy any illustrations of food, if I could just reach into the book and grab that big juicy apple and take a bite,or steal a lolly pop from cousin bunnys sweet shop.
I now have three children of my own and too my delight I managed to get a brand new copy for my daughter when she was tiny and like myself she and her brothers have taken this book to their hearts and love it just us much as I did, Im sure when they are all grown up they will recall this book when thinking of their childhoods too.
Get this book by all means but I would recomend 'The best Story Book Ever' as mentioned above beacuse it has so many Richard Scarry stories all under one umbrella and because of its varied content it realy keeps them ingrossed for ages, a good one for potty training as hopefully they will sit still long enough whilst looking at the pictures.
Enjoy you won't fail to be delighted.

Commission now please....Richard.

3.0 out of 5 stars There'a a page missing from the Kindle edition!! :O, 9 Nov 2013
M. Beaird "ebichu64" (UK) - See all my reviews
I can't rate this book highly enough either - it was my first book and still I know it off by heart nearly 50 years later. So I bought the kindle more as a curiosity than anything else because I still have my own original hard copy - very tatty and with my name written in a mixture of capitals and lower case (when I was 2 I could write my own name as long as I asked my mum how to spell it!)

It should read:

(Page 1.)
I am a bunny
My name is Nicholas
I live in a hollow tree

(2.)
In the spring, I like to pick flowers

(3.)
I lie in the grass
and watch the insects
buzzing by

(4.)
I chase the butterflies
and the butterflies chase me.

In the kindle edition the pages run 1, 2, 4. I checked the rest of the book and they aren't out of order, page 3 simply isn't there.

Obviously when they scanned it in the pages were stuck together. Do yourself a favour and by the hard copy second hand. In the meantime I'll contact Amazon and tell them to sort themselves out! Sheesh! 9_9

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect first book for infants and small children, 13 May 1998
By A Customer
Twenty-five years ago this was my son's favorite first book at age seven months. My newly adopted 10-month old has had the same reaction. She will crawl to a pile of books and pull it out every time. The illustrations are terrific: bright colors grab the attention, and detailed landscapes invite exploration. This book is a real prize for any child under six.

5.0 out of 5 stars Vibrant & beautiful, 12 Oct 2013
This review is from: I Am a Bunny (Golden Sturdy Book) (Board book)
My 12 month old loves this book. The pictures are so real, a wonderfully beautiful book to read. I love it

5.0 out of 5 stars i am a bunny -Ole Risom/Richard Scarry, 30 Aug 2011
This review is from: I Am a Bunny (Golden Sturdy Book) (Board book)
I won this book as a progress prize as an (approx) 5 year old, many moons ago,and loved it. Now we read the original copy to our daughter nearly every night as a 'finish' to bed time stories - she just loves it so much. She went through a phase of counting everything on the pages - ladybirds, butterflys etc, and giving all our friends and family a favourite butterfly..in fact there are endless learning possibilities in this simple, magical tale.
I thought our family was unique in loving this book, but after reading the other reviews its clear that this book strikes a special chord with many young children ( and adults!)...buy it !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for all Pre-schoolers!, 1 Feb 1998
By A Customer
I grew up reading this book, in fact it was the first book I ever read. (Or rather-memorized.) Nicolas Bunny takes young childen on a wonderful adventure through his everyday life and through many imaginations. It is almost magical as we see Nicolas blow dandelion seeds, hide from the rain, even go to sleep because it is something that we all have done. Pre-schoolers can relate to the simple words, phrases, and beautiful pictures. 'I am a Bunny' is not to be missed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy it here--it's hard to find this book in stores!, 1 Sep 1998
By A Customer
As a baby and toddler, my son loved this book. He enjoyed pointing out objects in the brightly colored illustrations. He had so much fun with this book that many times I have tried to find it in bookstores to give as a gift. Often my searches were unsuccessful. I have yet to figure out why all bookstores don't carry this classic Richard Scarry book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy and gorgeously illustrated book, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: I Am a Bunny (Golden Sturdy Book) (Board book)
A gorgeously illustrated very sturdy book that's perfect for Easter if you're not religious. My 3-year-old absolutely loved that the character is also called Nicholas. Perfect size for little hands and a lovely description of all the seasons.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kids love it!!, 2 April 2014
This review is from: I Am a Bunny (Golden Sturdy Book) (Board book)
I bought this for my toddler for christmas, since then we have read it every night! even my 4 year old picks it out & they both fight over it!!

I Am a Bunny (Golden Sturdy Book)
I Am a Bunny (Golden Sturdy Book) by Richard Scarry (Board book - 4 Feb 2008)