5.0 out of 5 stars Junie B- bestest discovery ever!
Published on 6 Jun 2009 by Ms. I. Field-reid

1.0 out of 5 stars DIRE!
Published on 21 July 2007 by Mrs. Julia P. Lynn

5.0 out of 5 stars Junie B- bestest discovery ever!, 6 Jun 2009
Ms. I. Field-reid "Ms Reid" (Brighton UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Paperback)
I found the first Junie B book by chance a couple of years ago and have now read 16- Both my children love them and I have also introduced them to numerous friend's children and two classes at the school where I teach- the verdict is unanimous- THEY ARE FANTANSTIC! They are perfect for reading aloud and also simple enough for beginner readers to read sucessfully alone- One friend says they turned her daughter into a reader over one weekend. Some times they are so funny I cannot read for laughing out loud. My class this year are so enthralled that they won't let me read any other books- a collective groan goes up if it isn't Junie B! As to the language, by seven years, the children I teach are able to pick up on the mistakes Junie B makes in her grammar and speech and get the jokes intended by the very talented Barabara Parks. I have read many many books as a teacher of 15 years, and this author really knows children. I can't recommend Junie B highly enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars My daughter reads now she's been introduced to Junie B, 13 July 2009
This review is from: Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Paperback)
Since discovering Junie B, my daughter now reads to herself. We also read the books together and laugh lots! My 8 year old loves the fact that I am reading with her and also finding Junie's mischievous antics funny. Just buying 3 more box sets for her birthday.

5.0 out of 5 stars Junie B JOnes and her Big Fat Mouth, 19 April 2008
Mr. D. Miskelly (TETNEY, LINCOLNSHIRE United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Paperback)
my 6[almost 7] yr old daughter got this book from the school library van over 2 weeks ago and loves it! it is easy for her to understand and therefore read herself as the words, story and context are simple. we're off to the main library this monring to try and fiond some more!

5.0 out of 5 stars We love it!, 4 Mar 2007
Mrs. Lindsay A. Hyde (Swindon, Wiltshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Paperback)
My 4 year old and 12 year old daughters, my husband and I all love Junie B Jones books. They are really funny. However, as a role model, she is rather naughty and there is an element of incorrect pronunciation which is a bit confusing for children learning words. That didn't stop my 12 year old, my husband and myself all arguing about who was going to read the stories to my other daughter, as we all like them so much. In fact, I re-read to my daughter anything anyone else read to her, as I don't like missing out on the story!

We found the first Junie B Jones books in a bookshop about 6 months ago. The books are american but have been re-printed and in sale in UK and some are on sale in UK bookshops. I bought the first four from book shops and we really liked them.

After the first 4 had been read, I wanted to buy more but they were quite expensive in book shops to buy individually. I noticed Amazon selling them in boxed sets at a lot less. I ordered the next three box sets for Christmas and was a bit concerned that they were the same books as in the book shops as (a) the UK book shops didn't sell books that far on in the series (b) the covers were different.

When I received them, I was very pleased with them. I think they are the USA books and therefore has all USA terminology e.g. principal instead of head master. This makes no difference to them at all and they are absolutely brilliant.

I would say, these books are great for children between about 4 and 6 and to buy the boxed sets as they are better value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy, 14 Jan 2014
This review is from: Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Paperback)
Arrived so prompty - thank you! Hoping to follow up and order the other box sets over the coming years for my niece's birthday!

5.0 out of 5 stars Junie B Jones First Boxed Set, 21 Oct 2013
cheryl finch (Abingdon, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Paperback)
I bought this for my 8 year old granddaughter, she loved it. Thank you for being so prompt in sending them - great great great!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellant Books for youngsters, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Paperback)
I first came across these books in the USA, reading to them with my grandchildren there. They love them, and often, I would be laughing outload at the stories. I cannot recomend them high enough. Ignore the reviews that do not like them, they are great!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun, 17 July 2011
This review is from: Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Paperback)
Very American but very funny.... great for reading to your 5,6,7,8 year old. The language and Americanisms may cause some confusion amongst British youngsters reading this for themselves (eg 'bestest', 'blucky', 'dumb') but it's hugely entertaining fare and if it encourages them to pick up a book, that has to be a good thing.

1.0 out of 5 stars DIRE!, 21 July 2007
This review is from: Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! (Paperback)
These books are quite possibly the worst I have ever read. I read to my daughter, age 8, nearly every night. These books are aimed at slightly younger children I think. However, I just can't see the attraction. The stories are slow, the humour hard to find, and the phraseology used is very very confusing. It appears to be trying to emulate 'Clarice Bean' language, but the latter is for older children and is used in context. Junie B is full of made-up words, incorrect sentence construction, and overuse of words such as "stupid" and "pooey". At the precious KS1 age when children are like sponges, I do not think it appropriate to use what I would classify as bad language. If you are reading them aloud to a child who can't read, you could adapt the sentences quite easily, but this is not possible for my older child who follows the words and who corrects me if I read something out which is different from what's on the page! There are so many other options out there which are interesting for parent and child - eg Horrid Henry.

Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever!
Junie B. Jones's First Boxed Set Ever! by Barbara Park (Paperback - May 2001)
11.58