5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic resource, 8 Mar 2003
This review is from: Games for Learning (Paperback)
As a home-educater I find this book to be a fantastic resource for helping my children with learning. It makes learning difficult subjects into games, which the children want to play again and again . We are autonomous HEers and the book has loads of ideas for making English and Maths enjoyable.
It would be just as helpful for schooled children who are having problems with a particular aspect of learning. Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent resource for teachers, parents, and caregivers!, 30 Aug 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Games for Learning (Paperback)
This book has many helpful, fun and task specific activities that work for children during their most formative years. I have found this book to be invaluable. The games are beneficial for teaching and reinforcing specific skills, and they are entertaining enough to keep kids interested. Most of all, the games really work! The games don't take much time or extreme effort, but they pay off extremely well. If you are the parent or teacher of young children, you will find yourself referring to this book again and again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bodil.N, 31 July 2008
This review is from: Games for Learning (Paperback)
I've used this book a lot with my two children(aged 5 and 7).It's a fantastic way to teach your child Maths and have fun at the same time.There are many different types of games and I've tried out many of them and they really work. Both my children like the games so we play them over and over again and they're both very good at Maths by now.

5.0 out of 5 stars games for learning, 6 Dec 2010
This review is from: Games for Learning (Paperback)
Good fun easy games that your child will want to play again and again. A playful resource book, that will give you plenty of idea's. The kids have fun whilst learning what could be better. Recommended

4.0 out of 5 stars simple games, 14 Dec 2009
Bhavini Shah "part time book worm" (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Games for Learning (Paperback)
a bit "americanised" but good nonetheless. the games really do take just 10-15 minutes so are great even for working mums like me who only see their children for a short time in the evening. they are a fun way of learning and there are so many ideas in here for all sorts of different areas of learning. good to take on holiday too.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent book, 15 Mar 2014
This review is from: Games for Learning (Paperback)
easy to just pick a page and a game and dive in. very easy but interesting games and my son loves every one we've tried so far (he's four yrs old)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great stuff, 10 Oct 2013
This review is from: Games for Learning (Paperback)
Lots of very simple, on the go play ideas which are engaging and beneficial for kids. My son shuts down each time I try to show him letters or numbers, these games are a sneaky way to learn and refine essential skills ready for learning. A real gem of a book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for homeschooling!, 16 Jun 2013
This review is from: Games for Learning (Paperback)
That's what I was looking for as I will start homeschooling soon. I've started to read the book that's interesting and the activities are great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic book, 15 April 2013
This review is from: Games for Learning (Paperback)
I have purchased this book to help my son with his schoolwork to support him in achieving his very best at school. My son (5) has Aspergers syndrome and so his learning needs to be very practical and as fun as possible as concentration is not our strong point. This book has done just that. We have started not long ago but already the results are amazing. This is an excellent book for any parent and any child. I will use it with my daughter when she gets bigger also. I have ordered couple more of her books and planning to "play my kids to success" lol. You will love it too.

Games for Learning
Games for Learning by Peggy. Kaye (Paperback - Aug 1991)