on 7 September 2009
Being a wine merchant prone to buying trips to France this book both rings plenty of bells and makes me yearn for a bygone age when there were exciting, quality-driven wine producers just waiting to be discovered by the persistent grape-hound. Lynch's description of France, its establishments and its people (my experiences with some of the people of Burgundy have long been a source of puzzlement to me but Lynch's characterization of them reassures me that I am not being singled out for torment!)are spot on. I knocked off this book in a couple of sessions, so absorbed was I. A great read for anyone with an interest in the subject matter i.e. wine.
on 13 December 2014
Love wine? Read this. I bought it on a recommendation from Noble Rot magazine and so glad I did. It's alomst gonzo journalism. Wish I'd made the trip with Kermit all those years ago.
on 23 October 2014
Drink in all this premier harvest of experience. Then be as Kermit has been in search of perfection(s)........:-D Dr Clive Richardson
on 26 July 2015
Some pages are missing, left in blank.
on 24 September 2014