5.0 out of 5 stars From the pen of a master
Brilliant series of short stories about growing up in Warsaw at the turn on C20th. If you enjoy Jewish humour you will love this and anything else by Bashevis singer.
Published on 27 July 2012 by Mrs. Gwen Nelson

2.0 out of 5 stars In my Father's Court
Published on 11 Jun 2010 by Mr. A. Mcinnes

5.0 out of 5 stars From the pen of a master, 27 July 2012
This review is from: In My Father's Court (Paperback)

2.0 out of 5 stars In my Father's Court, 11 Jun 2010
Mr. A. Mcinnes "A McInnes" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: In My Father's Court (Paperback)
This was a Round the World Book Group selection. I found it to be very much a book of 1/4 and 3/4. I gave it up after the first 70 pages as being the most boring book I had ever read. Since I had never before in my life not finished a book once I had started it, this was a huge departure. However, after the book group meeting at which about half had found it equally boring, and half had persevered to find it enjoyable, I had another try. It did improve a bit as the protagonist got older and the incidents became less childish, but I still don't think it was great writing and, for me, it contains nothing memorable. It certainly doesn't come into my 500 favourite books, it doesn't live up to the author's reputation, and it's difficult for me to understand why it received special acclaim at his Nobel award ceremony. Was it merely a case of "Buggin's Turn" that he won at all?

In My Father's Court
In My Father's Court by Isaac Bashevis Singer (Paperback - Oct 1991)
Used & New from: £1.72