5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Really enjoyed this book. Although short they are 3 great stories. So glad there are other books to follow-on from these. I'm 2 chapters from the end of "Riley", Lori's follow-on. Can't wait to read Sean & Luke. Lori's story reminds me of "The private eyes" & "Men to the rescue" series of books (Beguiled, Wanton, Caught in the act, Treat her right & Mr. November).
Published on 17 Oct 2004 by J COFFMAN

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expect from Ms Foster
Don`t get me wrong - I live Lori Fosters stories and some of her books could self combust with sensuality, terrific love scenes (whew!) and brilliant humourous storylines.
Published on 9 Jun 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Not what I expect from Ms Foster, 9 Jun 2003
By A Customer
This review is from: Men of Courage (Mass Market Paperback)
But I am finding that her novels which are included as a package with other writers are a bit insipide and more low key, not what I have come to expect from her work (note the 3 stars which should have been a 5+)
Rosie the heroine is spunky and intelligent and knows exactly what she wants - Ethan Winters, and there are some scenes that made me laugh and blush, but I felt short changed, it needed to be longer and the last chapters more riverting it just seemed to diversify into her next book - Riley - a little too much and not spend enough time and writing on the story of Ethan and Rosie. I did expect Ethan to be more involved with rescuing Rosie form a burning building considering he is a fireman!!!
Sorry Ms Foster not one of your best even though I have ordered Riley in the hope that it will be better.

3.0 out of 5 stars The contents can also be of Men of Courage II, 21 Feb 2008
NinaL (Helsinki, Finland) - See all my reviews
Apparently the UK version of the book with the name Men of Courage is the same as the US book called Men of Courage II. The authors are the same in both books: Lori Foster, Donna Kauffman and Jill Shalvis, but the short stories are not. In the UK copy (published by Mills & Boon, the copyright year of the stories is 2005) I received (through second hand bookseller gmnabooks who sent the book to me quickly and in good condition) the contents were the following: LF: An Honorable Man, DK: Blown Away, JS: Perilous Waters. The book I wanted and apparently is the one reviewed in the other reviews here contains these short stories: LF: Trapped!, DK: Buried!, JS: Stranded! Their copyright year is 2003 and the original series was Harlequin Signature Anthologies. It was the version I wanted to buy. The booklist on Donna Kauffman's website ([...]) shows the contents of both versions of the book. Now I hope I can find the actual version of the book I need here in the UK Amazon.
I have not yet read the short stories so I cannot give any comments on the actual contents but as all the authors are my favourites, I'm sure I'll be happy with their efforts. I'm actually looking for Foster's short story Trapped! about Ethan Winters and Rosie Carrington, because Ethan was one of the characters in Riley Moore's story Riley and Harris Black's story Uncovered.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, 17 Oct 2004
J COFFMAN "Jackie" (Solihull, West Midlands, England.) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars three very good stories, 5 Feb 2004
Ap Nj Dorrall "nicky0512" (plymouth,devon) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Men of Courage (Mass Market Paperback)
three great stories which i just loved.
i read the whole book in one afternoon (gaining sympathy with a cold).
it only got 4 stars because the three stories could have done with being longer.
great stuff!!!!

Men of Courage
Men of Courage by Jill Shalvis (Mass Market Paperback - May 2003)
Used & New from: £0.01