5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant
Loved these stories every bit as good as the McKettirick series . We'll written and very enjoyable , couldn't put it down
Published 11 months ago by Jane Hamill

3.0 out of 5 stars Big Sky Secrets
Coming after Big Sky Wedding, in Parable County, Montana. This is by now more of a soap opera than an romantic adventure series, so I didn't find this book all that exciting.
Published 11 months ago by Clare O'Beara

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 17 Jan 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Big sky secrets, 25 Feb 2014
D. S. Sloman "DVD" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Big Sky Secrets (Big Sky (Harlequin)) (Mass Market Paperback)
I buy this book because I like Linda lael Miller & I have the other 4 big sky so it go with the other ones.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
a ok ta

3.0 out of 5 stars Big Sky Secrets, 12 Jan 2014
Clare O'Beara - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Landry Sutton, Zane's younger brother, isn't making such a good job of the cowboy life however hard he tries. He's come back from Chicago after a marriage failed and keeps two buffalo on a small spread... I'd have liked some detail about why he was keeping them and whether he planned to build up a herd. These imposing creatures keep breaking out of the drought-stricken patch and making for a flower grower's home, where they gently munch through her tended gardens - and profits. Ria Manning wishes her neighbour Landry would do a better job of fencing.

Landry's father keeps ringing to mooch money for his gambling debts, and Ria has her own family issues. She's now widowed, and determined to be self-supporting despite her half-sister's trying to drag her back into the crashing family business. Unexpectedly Ria's niece, seventeen-year old Quinn arrives with a bag and a small dog, having ditched a summer camp. She was lucky to have hitched without incident, and Ria can't bring herself to send the girl home. To make amends Landry asks Ria to come to the local dance with him, on a sociable basis, and Quinn encourages her aunt to take up the offer. It's time Ria stopped mourning and restarted her life.

Landry comes across as a bit too sure of himself where women are concerned. But, it seems he knows a good thing when he sees it and wants to snap Ria up as soon as she makes herself available.
I notice many American authors including an English character nowadays, presumably to attract readers on both sides of the Atlantic, and a formal-minded butler called Highbridge appears in this book as staff for Landry. This does seem incongruous and awkward and I'd wonder if Linda Lael Miller got swept away by watching 'Downton Abbey'. At one point the butler is heard swearing. No, that wouldn't happen.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good western romance, 4 Jan 2014
My review:

I have read all books in the Big Sky Series and Big Sky Secrets was a good ending for saying goodbye to Parable.

The Big Sky Secrets takes us back to Parable, Montana. Meet Landry who is in Parable, visiting his older brother Zane. When Landry first arrives to Parable, he is having hard time understanding the life on the countryside and he has no plans of staying in Parable. Little does he know. When he meets a widowed Ria,things change. Ria has lost a lot in her life and yet she has managed to build up her life and reputation in Parable. Her heart is broken, but she has a will power to continue petting her effort into her flowers and garden. When a big and terrifying buffalo enters Ria's life, it also brings Landry to her.

Big Sky Secrets is about family. It's about accepting your past, reconnecting with your family members and making peace and building relationships. Even though Big Sky Secrets was a romance, the emphasize was on family. I loved the supportive characters and there were quite few of them. They were well written and interesting and added value to the romance between Landry and Ria.

If you haven't read any of the books in the Big Sky series, I highly recommend them. Big Sky Secrets was a heart-warming and interesting book about usual ordinary people who face challenges the life is throwing at them... with love. I will miss Parable!

3.0 out of 5 stars Tepid at Best, 2 Jan 2014
Linda Lael Miller seems to have become a hit-or-miss author for me. "Big Sky Secrets" is a miss for me.

I found no strong plot or story to keep me engaged. There is no action to move the story along. I was able to put the book down as I was reading and feel no qualms about doing so. For me, if a book is good I will tote it with me everywhere so I can keep reading.

The `romance' was tepid at best and comes in very late in the book.

As usual Ms Millers descriptions of the country and cowboy life are engaging, but it just wasn't enough for me this time.*ARC Supplied by Publisher*

Big Sky Secrets (Big Sky (Harlequin))
Big Sky Secrets (Big Sky (Harlequin)) by Linda Lael Miller (Mass Market Paperback - 31 Dec 2013)