Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop Cyber Monday Deals Week in Fashion Amazon Fire TV Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Kids Edition Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on 6 November 2012
Run the Risk is the 1st in Lori Fosters new series and I liked it, good start to a series, the main leads were a great pair and the other characters made you want to know more the next book is Alice and Reece's story and I for one will be buying it.

Detective Logan Riske is undercover trying to find out why his best friend was murdered he gets a lead and moves in next door to Sue/Pepper, hoping that being close to her will get him closer to her brother who he believes is the key to solving the case. Sue/Pepper lives a quite life under the rader as Sue Meeks she makes sure not to draw any attention to herself, so she wears baggy clothes, has mousy hair pulled back in a tight ponytail and runs the apartment complex owned by her brother Rowdy.

Logan decides to get close to his shy neighbour to gain her trust and hopefuly draw out Rowdy.

Logans seduction technique works and he and Sue/Pepper end up in bed (on her terms)and before long Logan is falling for her, and knows before too long she will know the truth.
This had a bit of everything romance, action and police corruption and good characters who have their own storys to tell Reese's book (Logans partner and friend)is up next and Alice his mystery neighbour and dog walker
on 15 September 2012
Detective Logan Riske is undercover to finally find the much needed link to his best friends murder. Pepper Yates lives a very secluded and grey life as Sue Meeks never drawing any attention to herself she wears grey baggy clothes, scrapes her mousy hair back each day and quietly lives in the apartment complex run by her brother Rowdy.

Riske needs to find Rowdy who he believes is the eye witness to his friend's murder so Riske places himself as Sue/Pepper's friendly (but hot) neighbour to try to gain her trust and confirm Rowdy's whereabouts.

Run the Risk kept me guessing throughout. Like Riske I was pretty intrigued by the mousy "Sue." It's clear that Sue/Pepper is attracted to Riske (well he is hot and deliberately walks about with his shirt off) her lonely life means that she is craving human interaction of the male form and Riske keeps lingering about with that bloody shirt off so what's a girl to do?

Riske's method of investigation were slightly unusual to say the least, his plan was to seduce Sue/Pepper and worm his way into her life. He knows her real name is Pepper but as he doesn't have any old pictures of her he is left wondering what her body is like underneath her shapeless old clothes. As Riske's seduction techniques start to work Sue/Pepper ensures it's on her terms only, Riske definitely had to work undercover as Sue/Pepper insisted the curtains were drawn, lights were off and clothes were kept on when they finally did get down to business and I felt he really deserved bonus points for always remembering her fake name in the throws of passion!

Without giving too much of the story away the fear of police corruption meant that like the main characters I didn't know who to trust or believe either, as a result I changed my mind about more than one character as the story unfolded. I really did enjoy all the twists and turns and mystery. I definitely want to read Reese's book which is up next and hope the mystery of his neighbour and dog walker Alice's background is explored I'm intrigued.
on 15 November 2012
Run the Risk is the first installment in Lori Foster's new Love Undercover series, and it had everything I have came to expect from a Lori Foster book - a decent plot, well developed characters, unexpected twists, action, tension, romance, and sizzling hot sex scenes.

Pepper Yates is living a quiet life as Sue Meeks when a sexy male moves into her building and starts to pay attention to her, little does she know the man in question is actually a Undercover Detective Logan Riske who is looking for Pepper's brother Rowdy in order to get to the bottom of his friends murder.

When I first started this book I wasn't quite sure what was going on, "Sue" was a very shy, quiet heroine who was full to the brim with secrets. I couldn't quite get a grasp on what she was hiding, her actions puzzled me more than once and to be honest I enjoyed it. When we start to unravel her secrets and meet the real Pepper things really start heating up! Logan angered me at times, but I understand the reasoning behind his actions.

I love when you can't puzzle out the entire plot by the end of the first chapter, in fact I was still debating which side people where on until the final confrontation. I know there is going to be at least 4 books in this series and we meet all the main charcters in this book. I can't wait to get to the bottom of their secrets!

ARC provided by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review
on 1 October 2012
Another great romantic suspence from Lori Foster. This is the first in the Love Undercover series and what a start it was.
When Logan, a detective, goes undercover to try to find someone he uses the guy's sister as a way to find him. In order to find his answers he must get close to the woman posing as Sue. Sue is a plain jane and she is definately hiding something but what?
Logan wants revenge for his friend and she just wants to stay hidden.
With secrets, seductions and suspitions everywhere this book just keeps you turning the pages!
I can't wait tp read the next in the series.
on 17 May 2015
Oh this book is the prequel to "getting Rowdy" and such a gem!! I can't praise these novels enough in the entertainment category. Funny (really funny) gritty and sigh romantic.
VINE VOICEon 8 October 2012
I couldn't wait to get stuck into this as I have loved her last few books.

I admit I was a little disappointed though, this wasn't as good as her Edge of Honor series so far but there is definate potential here.

Logan was a great character, definately right up there with the best of Lori's alpha males but Pepper hmm well I started off liking her but half way through she has a complete change of character and it put me off. For me it seemed really off, her supposed real self didnt really make herself known at all to Logan apart from a few odd small things so when she changed completely it totally threw me and put me off a bit.

I loved the other male characters of Reese, Rowdy and Dash and I am intrigued with who I think are the love interests for these characters. I will most definately be wanting to read the other books in the series.

As usual Lori has created a really good story with great characters, for me just a shame about the heroine in this one.

Read and reviewed courtesy of Netgalley
on 16 June 2013
Once again another fantastic book from Lori Foster, a book that once you pick up you cannot put it down.