5.0 out of 5 stars Exclusively yours
It's no secret that my first love is paranormal romance but every now and then I like to break up the monotony with a little romantic suspense or contemporary romance. This was my first book by Shannon Stacey and it will not be my last (to be honest I bought books 2 & 3 in this series before I was halfway through!).

I was pleasantly surprised by the nice mix of...
Published on 22 Jun 2012 by Mich_Mc

3.0 out of 5 stars A novel full of love
Published on 23 Aug 2010 by Dwayne @ Girls Without a Bookshelf

3.0 out of 5 stars A novel full of love, 23 Aug 2010
Dwayne @ Girls Without a Bookshelf (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Exclusively Yours is more than just a romance novel; if I can label it a general love novel I might probably do. It's infused with so many different type of love that it really surpasses just being a plain ol' romance book. It's full of hearty laughter and family closeness, and is one of those books that are refreshing, light and funny in spite of the drama it portrays. Set in the middle of a two-week Kowalski family outing, Keri and Joe's story gives an endless source of pleasure, fun and love.

Keri and Joe are an absolute joy to read and reminisce with, their connected past a constant reminder of exactly how perfect they are together. It was fun reading about their high school adventures, and even more so whenever one is used to embarrass any one of the pair. The book provides a very extensive insight into their past, so the characters are not only well-developed, but are actually seen in terms of their connection to each other. The characterisation is full and strong and many actions both in present and in the past are well-explained, not only from one, but from many perspectives. There is something incredibly romantic with reunited lovers, and as far as any ex-couple can go, these two are a really good match.

Apart from Keri and Joe's romance, there is also the rest of the Kowalski siblings' story in this book. I love the secondary characters in this book.Exclusively Yours portrays very common, very realistic issues in marriages among the siblings. While there is the general happily ever after feel to the plot, it makes clear that the road to it is not smooth. Keri and Terry's relationship was also very very entertaining. I love how their interaction and dislike of each other was not overly exaggerated. Instead, the book focused on what brought them together. To add to all the fun, the sense of brotherhood and camaraderie shared by the Kowalskis is spotlighted and needless to say, it was a delight to indulge in that!

What I found to be slight issues with this book in particular is that though Keri and Joe are both wonderful characters, I felt their romantic potential was not well explored. There were a lot of moments where I thought the tension (in the romance) could be heightened. I do like the fact that it was not all lust and whenever scenes became steamy, it was not overly graphic. I felt that there was a lot of reliance on their past and I would have liked a lot more attention to their present and perhaps future. Also, I felt that the book dragged a lot, although of course I take this may be due to the confined setting of the camping grounds.

I enjoyed Exclusively Yours a lot and would recommend it to those who love contemporary romance.

4.0 out of 5 stars 2nd chance romance, 21 Nov 2013
My first read by Shannon Stacey and it won't be my last. I really enjoyed this. Loved the strong family feel and the secondary story line.

I love a 2nd chance romance and this I got in spades, even though Keri needed a slap upside the head at times. Joe is awesome - loyal, patient, forgiving and loving.

I went straight on to the 2nd book after finishing this, I needed to know more about Kevin

5.0 out of 5 stars Exclusively yours, 22 Jun 2012
This review is from: Exclusively Yours (Kowalskis) (Mass Market Paperback)

I was pleasantly surprised by the nice mix of romance & humour, the characters where easy to relate to and I thoroughly enjoyed their interactions. Second time romance is one of my guilty pleasures and this was a beautifully written example of how to do it right. I'm looking forward to continuing with this series and discovering what makes Kevin tick!

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect beach romance book, 12 Jan 2012
Nimue (Cambridge, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Exclusively Yours (Kowalskis) (Mass Market Paperback)
What an easy, entertaining and funny book. This is the first book I ever read by Shannon Stacy and it won't be the last. I was devouring this book in one go.
With Keri and Joe Shannon Stacey creates two very loveable, interesting and adorable characters. They aren't perfect people, they enjoy pranks and jokes, aren't immune to vanity or jealousy. But deep down they are good people. And that's what makes reading this book so much fun.
Joe never really got over Keri who left him after high school to go of to Berkley. Though they were both deeply in love they had different aims in live. They haven't met in 18 years and now Keri is forced to get an interview with now famous author Joe. I was already sold on this book when I read this premise. What possibilities! Then Joe more or less forces Keri to go with him and his whole family for a 10 day camping trip. That's where the whole fun starts.
It's not only about Joe and Keri, it's also about the whole Kowalski family, a very intriguing and chaotic bunch of people. I loved that these supporting characters are drawn so detailed. They get they own side stories and have real characteristics. They are part of the reason why reading this book is so amusing. And then there is this amazing chemistry between the two main characters. It's hot, it's sizzling and it's soooo endearing. I was definitely voting for them to be together. One of the sweetest couples ever. And don't get me wrong it's not all about love, there are also some interesting nightly episodes...
In addition I liked the writing style. It's easily flowing with amusing dialogues. I can't put my finger on it but it was effortlessly normal and at the same time perfect to read.
All together this is a perfect contemporary romance story. It's like an adult version of Anna and the French Kiss with a slightly different scenario. I honestly can't find any faulty things. I actually read the book already twice before writing this review. So do believe me you will love this book and these characters, too. Luckily there are two more Kowalski books out, so that we won't get any withdrawal symptoms.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average, 16 Nov 2011
Mrs. Leanne A. Lingwood (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
Keri is blackmailed by her boss to go and try to interview her high school boyfriend who has become a best-selling author and recluse. Keri only agrees because she is determined to win her promotion but realises it is going to be a hard job of getting the interview as they didn't really part on good terms. When she sees Joe again and he offers her a option of going on holiday with him and his family and he will answer a question a day or no interview at all, she goes with them. But she faces the trouble of getting on with his family especially as they all know how much she hurt him all those years before. At first she doesn't like the whole outdoors holiday as she is pretty much a city girl and she has to overcome some fears to be able to deal with the activities. The more time she spends with Joe she gets confused as he tries to seduce her but she is leaving again at the end of the holiday and tries very hard to make him realise that. She also finds it very hard to get any sensible answers to her questions and realises her dreams of succeeding at the magazine are slipping away from her.
Joe never lost his feelings for Keri but tried to move on. When he sees her again and makes the request of her coming along his family's holiday he realises its just going to put him back where he started. But he can't stop himself from trying to seduce her and eventually trying to get her to stay this time. Soon she starts to take over his mind and he can't get her out.

This book was a good amusing story and that was about it. When Joe and Keri eventually come together it didn't have enough heat for me and didn't really feel it between the pair. It was amusing reading Keri trying to fit in with his family who are quite loud and in your face.

3.0 out of 5 stars Fast and Romantic, 6 Nov 2011
LOVE!! This is such a cute book! Exclusively Yours is a companion novel with Yours to Keep that I reviewed the other day. About another member of the Kowalski family. I think I liked this even better. I have a soft spot for high school sweethearts and first loves. I also believe in second chances. This fits the bill. Not to mention it made me want to go camping.

I liked how even thought Joe and Keri hadn't seen each other in years, they practically picked up where they left off. That has always been my sign of a great friend. I also liked the whole family dynamic. What a wonderful American family. Close yet dysfunctional in so many ways. Aren't we all like that?!

I didn't care for Terry and her story. I thought she was petty to bring up stuff from decades before. Still playing the victim after all those years. She seemed petty in all things to me. I could have done without that story and just focused on Joe and Keri.

I loved this book and read it last night in bed. It's fast and romantic. What's not to love?!

Quote:
"People sometimes hurt the ones they love trying to protect themselves from being hurt. Love means second chances sometimes."

Exclusively Yours (Kowalskis)
Exclusively Yours (Kowalskis) by Shannon Stacey (Mass Market Paperback - 20 Dec 2011)
4.75