Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

VINE VOICEon 14 October 2012
When I started reading this I didnt realise there was another book before this, if I had I might have read it before starting this one as I felt I didn't really know any of the other characters and nothing was really touched upon because it was obviously done in the first book.
Obviously that is my preference and it wouldn't bother some, but for me it did a little.

The characters of Jilly and Walker were fairly well written, I didn't fall in love with them though. I found Jilly a little tiresome at times, I didn't really get why she kept pushing him away and in the next breath kissing him etc.
Also for me I would have loved more of Walker's story, we don't really find out anything about his job and his past.
I suppose the story really is just a simple love story but for me it wasn't enough.
I like a love story but I also prefer that to be more to the story, more character development and there wasn't enough of that for me to truly enjoy this.
The love scenes also were pretty boring, I didn't feel the lust and want between the characters and for me these scenes are crucial to a good love story.

Was a first for me from this author, I am not sure I would read anything from her again but never say never. Just in my opinion there are better authors in this genre.

Read and reviewed courtesy of Netgalley
on 12 April 2014
Read via local elibrary. Wow! What a powerful and beautiful book. Totally connected to characters and story. Didnt want it to end. Will reread. Also will look to buy own copy. Highly recommend this emotive book.
on 23 April 2015
Enjoyable well-written romance. However this is based on the pretty unbelievable premise that two people would actually go through a wedding just to make an old lady happy, which detracts a little from it.