A Perfect Storm (Hqn)
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

on 30 July 2014
As a girl, Arizona had been sold into sex slavery so she hates men. Jackson saved her and now is her over-protective 'brother'. This event has caused Arizona to want to catch men like her captives and save other women from her experiences. She has a plan to take down a smuggling ring but needs help. She doesn't want to go to Jackson or any of the others on the team so turns to Spencer believing that he will be her partner without telling Jackson. Spencer likes her plan and agrees not to tell Jackson about it but does tell one of the other team members when he knows they need more people to help with the take down.

The character development in this story is quite in depth. You get to know a great deal about the main characters, their lives, and their histories. Arizona had only seen the disgusting, brutal side to men and sex so she doesn't know how to handle her attraction to Spencer. On the other hand, Spencer has always been attracted to Arizona but didn't make his feelings known because he knew of her past and distrust of men. Oh, and he also didn't want to get on Jackson's bad side. It was hard enough to work with Arizona and hide his feelings for her but he also was fighting his alpha male tendencies to take control and let her run the operation.

I loved that Spencer was compassionate and didn't try to change Arizona but to accept her own sexuality. His competence and compassion were proven when he was able to get the other guys to trust that Arizona knew what she was doing and could take charge of the operation.

Arizona's "I can do it myself" attitude did drive me crazy because it got her into dangerous situations. Even though she had a very hard life, I didn't really 'like' her so much as felt sorry for her. Even so, I like the way she has handled her life in such a positive way.
VINE VOICEon 16 August 2012
When I first started reading this I didn't realise it was part of the "Honor" series. In fact it took a while for me to realise who Arizona was and I never remembered Spencer at all (baby brain exists even after having the baby lol).

Once I got into it I actually quite enjoyed the story. It was good to get a story for Arizona who was extremely damaged following her past and really rooted for her to get her happy ending.
Spencer, like the other males was a total alpha male but for me he was actually a little more likeable than the previous heroes as he wasn't quite as tough as he made out compared to the other three.

I enjoyed the interaction between the 2 characters and a few of the conversations did make me smile imagining them.
I also enjoyed having the interaction between the past characters from the previous books and how they were getting on etc.

Was some very good writing and an enjoyable storyline and this series has really converted me back into a Lori Foster reader again and I will continue to read more of her work in the futre. If you like this author and have read the previous books I definately recommend this.

Read and reviewed courtesy of Netgalley
on 13 May 2013
This is one of the books from Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor series and I really urge you to read the others first.

Well whats a girl not to like, Alpha males, guns and hot sex. Great books that are well written, all of them centre around uncovering human trafficking rings. I loved the characters, theres romance, humour and thrills and spills all the way.

[...]
on 19 January 2015
Great book, humour lots, romance lots and action, love everything about these books and would say they are defiantly MUST reads, but this is my favourite loved them all but really loved this
on 24 March 2014
I loved this series so much I even bought them in audio format as well, it's well written full of action and drama with romance thrown in what more can you ask for in a book.
on 9 April 2012
I liked this series and couldn't wait to read Arizona's story as I loved her in the book before but... maybe I was too excited and expected too much as I felt a little let down
Arizona Storm has survived a lot: A mum who was a drunk and didnt bother and a dad who sold her into prostitution with slavers, then when she escapes shes thrown into the river and rescued by Jackson, who then looks after her and tries to keep her out of trouble and out of danger by having her do office type work for him and the rest of the edge of honor men. Arizaona doesn't like office work and wants to be out there stopping the bad guys. When she comes across a lead, she goes to Spencer Lark and asks for his help (Spencer was in the last book briefly) as she doesn't want Jackson and the other men to tell her no. Spencer has his own reasons for going after slavers after his wife was shot trying to help a woman from being taken and since then lives his life free of entanglements. untill Arizona breaks in while his sleeping and the book begins,
This was action pacted with a lot going on but lost points for me for a few reasons 1. I read this story told in the same way before so was not very edge of the seat stuff.
2.Arizona drives me a little nuts in this, one minute she is ballsy and upfront the next shes like a shy little girl I understood the why but it got on my nerves
3. I wanted more from the last book in the seriesand felt like it wasnt there even when Arizona and Spencer are in full mission mode with the other men as back-up it still lacks omph for me.
I would read it if like me you have followed the whole series but I wouldnt expect too much, its nice to see the others there and I wish Chris had got a hea of his own too, it would of been a nice little back story going on through the book, not a bad read but not the best of the series.
on 25 May 2012
In the 3rd book in this series we where introduced to Arizona and although she played a big part in Jackson's story she was still a bit of an enigma.

A Perfect Storm takes place a month after we left them and Arizona is still finding herself drawn to Spencer. We began unravelling her past in Savor the Danger but from Jacksons point of view, it affected me more hearing it from Arizona herself.

Arizona is the perfect mix of strength and vulnerability, two qualities that don't usually come together. I loved that she retained some naivety and childlike innocence at times, her life experiences left their mark but she hasn't let them beat her down, it was refreshing to see her curiosity but my heart ached for her at the same time. Spencer was absolutely perfect! He was so patient and strong and an absolutely perfect specimen of a man.

Honestly I went in to this book expecting it to be my least favourite of the series but I have never been more happy to be wrong. Arizona and Spencer have firmly placed themselves as my favourite couple in the series, I absolutely loved it!
on 11 May 2012
I liked this book mainly because of the snap and sizzle between the two lead characters.

Arizona is a gutsy young woman - who doesn't know the meaning of "half full" - she is a full throttle girl. Spencer is a great male lead. For a macho guy he has a strong moral compass and demonstrates an insightful level of understanding when dealing with someone who has lead such a traumatic life (Arizona).

Whilst I did not find it as compelling as the other books - I was charmed by Arizona and her need to show the guys that she can get the job done and does not need protection. She does, but I admired her guts. It was fab reading about the other characters linked to the series and seeing how much they had adopted Arizona into their lives despite her struggling to remain on the outside.

It is a good read - I enjoyed reading Spencer falling into temptation as the attraction rose between both him and Arizona - you will enjoy it.
on 11 February 2015