4.0 out of 5 stars excellent start to a new trilogy
Published on 29 July 2011 by Sian Louise

3.0 out of 5 stars Passed the time
It was okay. I don't think I'll read any more by the author as it was the writing style that I didn't enjoy. I'm sure others will like it you won't know unless you try it.
Published 11 months ago by Mrs K B

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent start to a new trilogy, 29 July 2011
Sian Louise (UNITED KINGDOM) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: The Taming of the Rake (Blackthorn Brothers Novels) (Mass Market Paperback)
Lady Chelsea's brother is trying to force her to marry someone she doesn't want to. So her solution is to run off to the man her family wronged 8 years previously, and who she even had a crush on when she was a young girl. Oliver "Beau" Blackthorn sees that marrying Chelsea will bring him the ultimate revenge against his enemy and the wrongs that were inflicted upon him.

I had never read a historical romance by Kasey Michaels before, I have to say I didn't realise this author wrote these, I had only noticed her contemporary romances, which I had read a few of before.

I have to say though this was much better than any of the contemporary ones of hers I have read of hers.
I really liked the characters of Chelsea and Oliver. They both had really good stories and it was obvious they were perfect for each other. It made me laugh in a few places with the banter between them, but it was actually a very sweet love story between the two of them.
I also really enjoyed the secondary character of Puck and extremely intrigued with Jack.

The storyline was totally obvious but that's usually the case with this genre of books. My only real disappointment was that there were the obvious "bad guys" but no real actual villains. The confrontation at the end fell a little flat for me, but I cannot fault the rest of the story.

I really enjoyed this and I will definitely be reading the other 2 books regarding the other Blackthorn brothers.

5.0 out of 5 stars The taming of . the rake, 27 Dec 2012
Brilliant,funny,witty and exciting.what is there not to like? I would highly recommend this book and it,companion books . Quite. Frankly, ever since my first kasey michaels book I have been her devoted fan.I hope she writes many more.

2.0 out of 5 stars tameing of the rake, 4 Aug 2013
just the same as the other one bored stiff unreal women and nasty men they are all the same unbelivable

4.0 out of 5 stars Light hearted and amusing, 25 July 2013
Not the best or the most original story I have ever resd but lighthearted, entertaining and amusing. A refreshing change from the intensity at times in your face sex of the likes of the Crossfire series,
Gergette Hayer brought up tp date

3.0 out of 5 stars Passed the time, 25 July 2013
Mrs K B (South East England) - See all my reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Good, 19 July 2013
A very good book would read this one again nd would tell friends about it very romantic and a good read

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book, 17 July 2013
Thoroughly enjoyed this book, I've never read any other book by this author and purchased this on the kindle daily deal. I was really glad I did, I couldn't put it down.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not for me, 16 July 2013
I just couldn't get into this story. I didn't like the writing style and the story seemed to be muddled. It wasn't for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Painful, 14 July 2013
I bought this as I was intrigued to read a Mills & Boon and because I'd enjoyed books with similar covers. But the writing was painfully bad, the story dragged and after about 30 pages I gladly hit the 'remove from device' button

4.0 out of 5 stars Feisty female character so worth a read, 4 July 2013
I really enjoyed this historical romance, I like a feisty female character. I also enjoyed the beginning stories of the other family members as I can anticipate another book about one of these characters sometime soon.

The Taming of the Rake (Blackthorn Brothers Novels)
The Taming of the Rake (Blackthorn Brothers Novels) by Kasey Michaels (Mass Market Paperback - 26 July 2011)
Used & New from: 0.01