5.0 out of 5 stars Awaken to Nalini, 4 Aug. 2010
This review is from: Awaken to Pleasure (Silhouette Desire) (Mass Market Paperback)
I'm a great fan of Nalini Singh, her Psy/Changeling series and Arch Angel Series are brilliant reads, full of intrigue and not to mention the most important element's Romance and Passion, so bearing that in mind I thought I'd give her back catalogue a try..I wasn't in the least disappointed. Awaken to Pleasure is a great read.

The story is about Jackson and his ex Secretary Taylor, who he has always had a secret passion for but as he was married (though separated), at the time, his feelings were put on the back burner, but always with the clear thought that when the time was right he would pursue her. That time comes sooner than expected when he comes across a wet and miserable Taylor, waiting for a bus after having jumped out of a car in which a simple lift from her current boss turns out to be more than expected. Taylor seeks Jackson's help in retaining custody of her young brother, and Jackson ceases his opportunity to make Taylor his by insisting on marriage in order for her to give him a baby.

I love the characters, the Hero Jackson's secret regard for our heroine Taylor, the way he recognises that she's been hurt and treats her like spun gold but at the same time his forceful personality comes through when he gets her to open up to him. Both are wounded individuals, and each have been hurt by people that were supposed to love and protect them, but this doesn't stop each of them recognising a vulnerability in themselves as well as in the other and it's a refreshing change in the fact that they actually sit down and communicate all their hurts in order to have a better understanding of each other. This doesn't take away anything from Jackson persona as a Alpha male and Taylor as a feisty women, this story has a great mix of humour and pathos throughout. Nalina's writing is beautiful and fluid and I found myself at the end before I knew it..Give the book a try, I promise you won't be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hit the spot, 1 Mar. 2013
W. T. Olafimihan "fire cat" (Belgium) - See all my reviews
I read this author's Psy/Changeling and Guild hunter series, so thought I would give this a go I was not disappointed. I loved the two characters and their journey which was not easy given issues of abuse but I like that about this author it's not all fluff, For me it was like having a timeout with a cup of tea and a naughty plate of delicious chocolate biscuits. For me it doesn't have the same weight and detail as her later writing but within this genre it hits all the marks.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 3 Jun. 2015
I absolutely adore Nalini Singh, although I generally read her paranormal romance novels. This wasn't quite up to her usual standard. I don't know when it was written but it feels like an earlier work. Having said that, it is still very good. I did get a little irritated at the point of view changing repeatedly and without warning. I love multiple viewpoints but one at a time please!

The book is really very sweet as we see both characters heal from their emotional scars. Lots of steam too. It was a sweet enjoyable romance and well worth reading.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pleasure to read., 8 Dec. 2012
There wasn't any agonising about if the hero loves the heroine or not. Very good read. There was enough interaction between H/H to set the mood.

5.0 out of 5 stars super!, 5 Dec. 2013
I chose this book because I've read her Psy Changling and Angels series and wanted more! This is written in a different style as required by Silhouette and so doesn't read in the voice I've come to know and love in her other books. I still had to give it 5 stars because the characters are super, flawed and oh so likeable, and Ms Singh doesn't disappoint with her plot written to the tight constraints that Silhouette demand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sweet Romance., 25 Sept. 2014
This is my first book by Nalini Singh, although quite sickly sweet it was a beautiful afternoon read. I loved the way Jackson was so protective of Taylor and patient with her. I would definitely recommend this book and I'm looking forward to reading further books by Nalini Singh.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nalini does it again!, 25 Oct. 2012
Love Nalini Singh's books especially her changeling series. Really enjoyed this one too!!! Very easy to read. Loved the characters!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Hot hot hot, 25 Feb. 2014
Nalini does it again . As with all her books I never want them to end ,I always read them twice! My favourate author by far .

Awaken to Pleasure (Silhouette Desire)
Awaken to Pleasure (Silhouette Desire) by Nalini Singh (Mass Market Paperback - Aug. 2004)
Used & New from: £0.01