VINE VOICEon 17 September 2006
Once I started this book I had to read it all the way through, I just couldn't put it down. I have read most of Ms Simmon's books and this is one of the best. It's set in England in 1280.

The heroine, Gillian Hexham, soon learned that her new lord, Nicholas de Laci, was more wedded to revenge than her. He had sworn to exact payment for the sins of her uncle, Baron Hexham. Fate had sent Nicholas the perfect bride to fill the aching need in his soul. With her tainted blood, Gillian would at last satisfy the raw hunger tat near consumed him....but only in ways he could never imagine!
on 28 August 2014
I really enjoyed the book, as it is written with humor. The two characters work well together. However I am a fan of her stories about the "de Burgh Brothers", especially Dunstan and Geoffrey.
on 11 March 2016