5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to read, beautful illustrations, 11 Dec 2008
K. Coles (North West England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Alfie Treasury (Hardcover)
With a selection of wonderful tales in the life of Alfie with his little sister Annie Rose, this book makes ideal bedtime reading. Ideally for the two years and up age group, the stories about everyday life in the world of a little boy are something all children can relate to. The pictures are large, so plenty to look at whilst reading with some lovely touches only adults will appreciate.

Very traditional, maybe a little old fashioned, but the safe world of family and normality that we all want for our children. My daughter can't get enough and I love reading them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 26 April 2009
This review is from: The Alfie Treasury (Hardcover)
This is the first Alfie book we've bought. We've had it for about 4 hours and we've read it through four or five times (at least, and Alfie Gets In First must have been read seven or eight times). My two year loves it, so much so that, although these are lovely stories, beautifully illustrated, I will need to buy more Alfie stories, so that I don't end up memorising the entire book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good old Alfie, 27 May 2013
This review is from: The Alfie Treasury (Hardcover)
When i taught ,children loved these stories,so took this bookto Germany for my little grandson,only 2 yet. But as I was awakened each morning ,very early by hinm, a ltlle voice piped in my ear"Alfie nani, Alfie".Beautiful illustrations and simple ,relevant to small childrens' lives stories.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book., 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Alfie Treasury (Hardcover)
Bought this for my new born grandson called Alfie! Lovely stories and the illustrations are wonderful. A really lovely book

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely book, 10 April 2014
F. Garwood (Norfolk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Alfie Treasury (Hardcover)
This is a charming book and just right for my three year old son. Lovely simple stories relevant to a young child, and lovely pictures. A good quality book that will last well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for bedtime, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Alfie Treasury (Hardcover)
Shirley Hughes is simply brilliant. This collection of stories about Alfie and Annie Rose is much loveable bedtime book. My kids love it. The stories are simple and basic stories about every day life and good family values. The author is one of my favourite children's authors. I personally vouch for Shirley Hughes's books anytime! This is definitely the kind of book you want your little one growing up with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Book for grandson, 7 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Alfie Treasury (Hardcover)
A book to read to my grandson, iAlfie was great a favourite with my children thirty years ago, I hope it will be with my grandson.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Alfie Treasury., 14 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Alfie Treasury (Hardcover)
This is a lovely book and I have suggested buying it to several friends who have grandchildren. I bought this for myself having read it over and over again to some of my own grandchildren.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie treasury, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: The Alfie Treasury (Hardcover)
Lovely little tales and love the illustrations.the stories are varied and relate to childrens activities.you can imagine yours doing the stories

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie story book, 16 Aug 2013
This review is from: The Alfie Treasury (Hardcover)
Bought this for my grandson Alfies christening, unfortunately someone else had the same idea, but can't fault the book, think it will become a firm favourite

The Alfie Treasury
The Alfie Treasury by Shirley Hughes (Hardcover - 27 Sep 2012)