5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 19 Dec 2013
This review is from: Spook's: I Am Grimalkin: Book 9 (Hardcover)
If you enjoyed the rest of these books then this instalment won't be a disappointment to you. I'm looking forward already to reading the rest of Toms adventures!

5.0 out of 5 stars very good read, 9 Mar 2013
Robert Ashworth "Film buff" (Northwest England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spook's: I Am Grimalkin: Book 9 (Hardcover)
I love these books . I live in the area of the spook. Pendle.The area of the witches. Most of the places that are mensioned in the spooks books are real. Will keep buying as they are releast

5.0 out of 5 stars The Spooks Grimalkin, 15 Jun 2012
actionman023 (Leyland England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spook's: I Am Grimalkin: Book 9 (Hardcover)
i am an avid collector of these books but having delayed in getting this book i have actually got the 2nd edition, so if you were hoping to get the 1st edition i would suggest asking for a 1st edition copy, the story itself is thrilling and gives a great insight into this character, the author must have a really great mind to keep pace with everything that is going on in the series, yet again a superb book and throughly reccommended

5.0 out of 5 stars The best of the series so far!, 6 Jun 2012
Mr. A. J. Mcleod (Basildon, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Spook's: I Am Grimalkin: Book 9 (Hardcover)
The "Spook's" series has long been one of my favourite - it is gritty and realistic without making it unsuitable for younger readers. The use of folklore and the setting of the County of Lancashire a century or two ago make the series much 'realer' than most books in this genre.

Without spoiling the plot, the book departs from Tom and the other main characters of the series up to now to follow the witch-assassin Grimalkin. I was positive would hate this and at first intended to skip this book entirely.

I am so glad I didn't!

As with the other books - it is a first-person account - from Grimalkin's point of view rather than Tom's and it gives great insight into the Witch's life and personality bringing her solidly from a secondary character to someone the reader genuinely cares about and wants to follow. The plot is as tightly written as usual and the pages just fly past. I'd love to read more of this character's early life and hope the author considers it when the "spooks" series eventually raws to a close.

In short, I cannot recommend it enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars great, 26 July 2014
This review is from: Spook's: I Am Grimalkin: Book 9 (Hardcover)
Just as I thought, another great book by Joseph Delaney.

Spook's: I Am Grimalkin: Book 9
Spook's: I Am Grimalkin: Book 9 by Joseph Delaney (Hardcover - 29 Mar 2012)
6.99