5.0 out of 5 stars Such sweet little books, 24 Sep 2011
This review is from: My Alfie Collection (Hardcover)
Bought these books for our grandson who is called Alfie,they are sweet little books and in a whole range by Shirley Hughes,our grandson is only 6 weeks old but these books are a lovely bedtime read.I shall be collecting all of her books for when he gets older and comes to stay with us.

5.0 out of 5 stars Popular bedtime stories, 5 April 2012
This review is from: My Alfie Collection (Hardcover)
Alfie is just becoming the book requested every day through out the day as well as at bedtime. My daughter is only just 2 but easily manages to sit through these stories which I thought would be too long for her! Alfie and his sister Annie-Rose appeal to all the family and my daughter loves to join in telling the story for example by making her own crying noises when Alfie and/or Annie-Rose are crying! We also like the fact that Shirely Hughes sometimes asks a question at the end of a page 'what do you think happened next' the pictures have often given you a clue, my daughter's response is lets turn the page. I am sure Alfie stories will be popular in our house for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful, 16 Oct 2012
This review is from: My Alfie Collection (Hardcover)
Charming stories much enjoyed by my 3-year old grandson and his Grannie! We love Alfie's adventures and the characters of his family, neighbours and friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Alfie, 30 Sep 2012
This review is from: My Alfie Collection (Hardcover)
Shirley Hughes is a brilliant writer of children's books. My children and grandchildren love the Alfie stories ( so do I!). The stories are about ordinary people doing ordinary things - just wonderfully told. Alfie is a typical little boy who has a smaller sister, a mother and father and these stories relate events in their lives in a lovely way. The books are well illustrated too, with lots of items for discussion and discovery. I cannot recommend "Alfie" highly enough.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing illustrations, 14 Nov 2011
This review is from: My Alfie Collection (Hardcover)
A fantastic buy, this set of little books is a wonderful gift, I bought them for my two year old grandson, the books are a great size for little hands to hold, and the illustrations are every bit as good and clear as the larger books in this series, great reading for young and old, children are able to tell you the story just from the detail in the pictures. I am very happy with this purchase and may buy more for presents.

5.0 out of 5 stars gorgeous, 17 Oct 2013
This review is from: My Alfie Collection (Hardcover)
These lovely little stories, with beautiful illustrations make ideal gifts. Shirley Hughes identifies the simple things that make family life so fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to sharing these with Alfie, 19 May 2014
This review is from: My Alfie Collection (Hardcover)
Have a new grandson called Alfie and am so pleased with this collection. I am sure we will have lots of fun reading them. His Dad and I used to read Shirley Hughes books 29 years ago. Wonderful illustrations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely little books, 5 April 2014
This review is from: My Alfie Collection (Hardcover)
I bought this for a two year old child. I love these little books. The stories are cute and pictures are great for kids to follow.

5.0 out of 5 stars Childhood memories, 11 April 2013
This review is from: My Alfie Collection (Hardcover)
This set of Alfie books were a firm favourite with me and my two brothers when we were sproggs, so decided to buy them for my little boys fast growing library. He is only eight months but as he gets older I'm sure he will love these books as much as I did.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love these Alfie stories!, 1 Aug 2012
This review is from: My Alfie Collection (Hardcover)
My Alfie Collection stories are a delight. My grandson (Alfie) loves to hear them over and over. A must for any child.

My Alfie Collection
My Alfie Collection by Shirley Hughes (Hardcover - 1 Sep 2011)