on 12 June 2011
i read this over the weekend a must for all Spooks fans probably the most gripping so far I would agree the only problem is they are too short but quality is better than quantity ! cant wait for number 9
on 18 July 2013
I love the spook books and so does my son. I want to know whats happening to Thomas (the hero) and my son and I have a closer relationship for me reading them to him over the years.
on 8 November 2013
Can't wait for the next book. I've bought them all now and swiftly working my way through them. I know the books are designed for younger readers but I'm 50 and loving every word.
on 20 July 2011
As always this latest book in the Spooks Stories series does not disappoint. Highly recommended but you do need to read the previous books to really get into this series.
on 13 August 2013
Once I have finished one book I have to buy the next one straight away they are full of magic and monsters if you like fantasy then well worth a read.
on 17 August 2011
the books have managed to grab me from the first page everytime and this one was no different. its a shame the story is coming to an end however i cant wait for the next book to be released.
die hard fans of this series, like me, will notice the the book no longer fits on the book shelf- its grown taller. this is the only dissapointing thing about it and dont worry the collectors edition with the old style cover will be out soon if your really that gritty about it.
enjoy the read =)
on 9 February 2014
Fast moving and with some exciting parts, Delaney's eight foray into the Dark keeps the storyline pot boiling. However, it lacks the genuinely creepy atmosphere of the first three books and some of the incidental characters are sketchy. Tom, Alice and Grimalkin are still excellent characters for a novel and although the plot offers no surprises fans will no doubt want to add it to their collection for the sake of completion at least.
on 11 October 2013
*Spoiler Alert*
Enjoyed this 8th book in the Spook's series. More battles against the dark for Tom and Alice, the Spook, Grimalkin and the characters they meet along the way.
I particularly liked the part where everyone fought to bind and behead the Fiend. Fantastic detail and made me feel like I was there alongside them.
Great characters, well written and a good plot. Enjoyable instalment.
on 6 March 2014
After a fairly slow start this book really gets going and the pace does not let up. Interesting new characters and a new setting refreshes the series and the element of threat and terror is never far away in a breathless instalment. There are many aspects to the Wardstone Chronicles to explore and it is a fascinating world that Joseph Delaney has created with so many ideas and possibilities.
on 24 March 2013
I have bought all the books in the set so far. I originally bought these for my son when aged 13 as he liked all things spookey. I read them myself and got hooked. If you want something more spookey than Harry Potter then give these books a go. Suitable for boys and girls alike who like something out of ordinary. By the way I am a 57 year old female but these books are well written.