I really love this book which is one of a whole series of educational books. I am a teacher and have used it in school with 7 - 9 year olds. Children absolutely love it and the pop-ups and sliders are fairly sturdy. Knowing your times tables is vital so if you're wanting to give your child a head start, buy this book.
on 13 February 2006
This book is a fantastic introduction for children. Although intended for children over 7, my son has had the book since he was 5, and has thoroughly enjoyed the introduction to times tables. Children do not appear to see the book as educational as it is good fun. There is lots to explore within the book and with various pop up's, lift the flap's and slider's, children are keen to go back to the book again and again, and never find it boring or 'old hat'.
on 30 June 2009
This is a great book for budding mathmaticians who can't get enough of numbers and also for the more reluctant student who would rather not learn their times tables. Great for key stage 1 and into key stage 2 if they haven't mastered them. We've even had this requested as the bed time read!!
on 31 March 2010
This is a great fun book which greatly appeals to both my 8yr old daughter and my 5yr old son. They haven't really learned their tables from it, though (except the trick of how to calculate 9 times!). Perhaps they're picking it up subliminally though, and certainly it gives them a positive attitude to the subject.
They both choose it regularly, and it's showing wear and tear (much of it is pop-up and moveable bits).
Each page looks at a different table (starting with zero times table). There are lots of fun pictures and tabs to move on each page. An example is the 8-times table is all about an octopus. Incorporated on each page is a simple list of the table (1x1=1, 2x1=2 etc).
on 4 December 2008
This is the most wonderful book. I bought it for my daughter when she was five and she went back to it time after time till she was 10. It is so much fun you're not aware you're learning. Lots of helpful "cheats" to remember your times tables, eg 11 times any number up to 10 is always a double up ie 2x11=22, 3x11=33, 4=x11=44, etc. My son (6) has been using this since he was 3 and can do 12 times table!

Must buy!
on 8 February 2013
This book seemed to cause more confusion than anything. Maybe best sticking to the old fashioned method! This was bought for my nephew but he seems to have done better with repetition and practice than this book.
on 23 February 2010
I bought this book based on the other reviews and even I find it too fussy. It is hard to see what you are supposed to do, each page is filled edge to edge with fussy drawings amongst which are tabs to pull. It is not clear what is expected and my daughter, 7rs old, doesn't make any sense from it. My 3yr old though loves to pull the tabs just for the sake of it. I also bought Carol Vordermans, Times Tables Made Easy, which is rather more traditional but at least my daughter seems to be improving from it.
on 1 February 2013
The book 5***** stars, the condition/quality of the book I had received 3/4**** stars. This book is truly an awesome interactive learning involvement for children. My daughter is in year 3 (7yrs) and totally find this book very engaging. I have also bought the pop up Times Table and the pop up Grammer. Very very well worth having. The only thing I have to say about the book (the downside of it) you may have to guide your child to be careful when pulling the tabs, they can be quite delicate or fragile if pulled with more than the average child strength. The book was received in the condition the seller had stated, in Good condition. Delivered within the time stated.
on 17 October 2012
Have to say, I find this book crowded, busy, annoying and repetitive....... my son LOVES it :o) He loves all the moving parts and the names of the characters and the similarity in the way each page is laid out. It has become a firm favourite.

Update: it is rather flimsy and has required several repairs....still a much loved bedtime favourite though!
on 23 July 2010
Both my 10 year old and 6/7 year old sons have enjoyed using this Times Table Book. They have found this book to be quite funky and fun to use. Both boys enjoy maths and know their times table up to 12. The 6/7 has just got the 7 times table to go... Most children love pop books and flaps and funky bright colours. We also enjoyed the Science & Music Books in this series. Have fun!