Format: Paperback|Change

on 14 April 2015
Ryan, has weaved a wonderfully gripping and imaginative tale. His characters come to life with depth and feeling, you can't help but be swept along on the journey he takes his characters.
For readers of Fantasy this is a must. Anthony Ryans stories remind me of the late great David Gimmel
on 11 April 2015
Really enjoyed this book as it's exciting and surprisingly clever - I did not see the ending coming at all! An excellent addition to the genre and I look forward to remainder. My only criticism is that it's hard to keep track of who everyone is and it really needs a careful print check
on 17 January 2015
Absolutely brilliant by far the best book of this genre I have read. It takes a little while to set the scene but by please stick with it as a brilliant story exceptionally well written and twists galore. Will not disappoint and thrilled that there's another book to follow!
on 11 September 2014
An enjoyable engrossing read, stilted at times, but then burns fiercely and becomes un-put-downable - amazing!

David Cook, author of Liberty or Death (The Soldier Chronicles Book 1) and Heart of Oak (The Soldier Chronicles Book 2)
on 13 October 2014
Again recommended to me by a close reading friend who is almost half my age and a different gender but with the same reading passion. This is a storming book and I went straight from here to book 2 which is written in a more sophisticated style and also really enjoyable
on 14 May 2014
One of the best I have read in a long long time ...... I won't post spoilers but I will say it is definitely a book you should read if you like fantasy ..... If you are like me and struggle to find a good book then this is for you.
on 30 September 2015
Fantastic read, it's not often I like to read about it a computer lately infallible character, but occasionally one crops up I can r ally get behind, enter Vaelin Al Sorna. His story is fascinating and the pacing is fantastic I would recommend it to any fantasy fan.
on 16 June 2014
Blood song is one of those books you want to read in one go. The characters are well developed and the plot has enough twists and turns to make this a thoroughly enjoyable read. I'm looking forward to the next instalment.
on 22 September 2014
Loved it! Original, engaging, well paced, great characters etc. Everything you want in a fantasy story...

(Sorry I am not into overly long, detailed analysis of books. I read them for enjoyment and just want to know if they are a good read or not).
on 11 June 2014
Gemmell, Abercrombie, Weeks - all great authors and Anthony Ryan isn't out of place amongst them. A great book packed with so much action, but doesn't skimp on storyline either. Can't wait for the next book.