on 21 April 2014
This whole series is dangerous. ..start the first one in the series and you loose whole days following the group from beginning to end. What fantastic characters are made and I think Rachel Aaron has managed to make each of the main characters whole and the reader wanting to know more. Although I am very happy with the complete and satisfied feeling I have of the end of the series I'd love to hear more of their adventures. ...I'm sure there must be more...well they are in my head anyway.
on 5 January 2013
Awesome sauce processed and presented in literary form.

This book is indeed awesome, and a bargain too. That's right it's a Two For One omnibus edition of The Spirit War & Spirit's End (Books 4 & 5 of the Eli Monpress series), what's more both books are brilliant!

What's that, some of you HAVEN'T read the first 3 books in the series? Well what are ou waiting for, go and buy them aswell - you can thank me later.

Trust me, I'm not a banker!
on 20 December 2012
This second part of the Eli series develops a delightful romp into something a little more edgy. All the characters from the previous books are in there and more join to add complexity. I really enjoyed the whole series - full of new interesting fantasy elements and a lovely 'hero' and 'heroine' who were a joy to engage with.
on 4 March 2013
This collects the final 2 Eli Monpress books.

The storyline takes a turn for the more serious and dark, a departure from the somewhat lighthearted earlier books.
Everyones pasts are revealled - with occasional cosmic consequences.

The series continues to up the stakes and leads to an ultimate confrontation with the very forces of creation.
The stakes are the continues existence of the world itself.

Very satisfying conclusion to a series that has improved with every story.
Much darker and more serious than the earlier books.
on 5 August 2013
Really enjoyed this whole series and the final two books keep up the narrative established in the first three. I loved the characters and the way the author kept them true to themselves all the way through, how they revealed themselves to us in the first pages is how they leave us at the end. There are obviously more tales to be told about Mr Monpress at some point in the future & I for one will keep an eye out for him.
on 8 September 2013
This is a massive book (Two in one) and an enjoyable read. It doesn't have the fun of the first in the series though and at times seemed a little plodding. It is also more complex than the earlier books (Not so good for me but possibly better for some other readers) This might seem more critical than a 4 star review would suggest but it is based on a comparison of the earlier books which were 5 star in my opinion.
on 17 September 2014
I couldn't put this book down, which make me stay awake until early hours, twitching and anxious at each page turned. To be honest I am so glad it finally finished, I don't think I could take much more.
This was a brilliant set of books, beautifully woven, with a great set of characters, a brilliant storyline, and thanks the Powers (or the spirits?), it's finished.
There.
on 2 July 2013
Excellent book, stories zip along. Well produced book, good printing. Only small drawback - it's 2 inches thick. But having the two
books in one volume is more economical and as the second book starts exactly where the first one leaves off it helps to have the
two stories together.
on 12 April 2014
Like the first three books (which I got as an omnibus edition) I enjoyed this all the way through. Eli's background was filled in as were his sidekicks and once again there were good antagonists - though I did find it hard to have any sympathy for them.
on 10 February 2013
I was recommended the first few books of the Eli series several months ago, and I found them all, including these, to be excellent.

Its an interesting premise and, I found at least, throughly enjoyable throughout.