5.0 out of 5 stars "He was just like everybody else now"
I have read my fair share of fantasy and have therefore found several cases in which the author creates a well-crafted world. Orson Scott Card excels in this aspect, presenting a setting that is on the borderline between a fantastic world and a possible future for our own existence. One of the aspects that I enjoyed most about this work is the complex set of rules created...
Published on 16 May 2005 by Sebastian Fernandez

3.0 out of 5 stars Meh
The story had some great science fiction ideas. But ultimately was rather predictable. The big problem for me is that the hero is one of those who can do everything and is great and everything and never did I feel there was any challenge for him. It's a nice read but not much more than that.
Published 16 months ago by Mark Hardy

‹ Previous | 139 40 4144 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW....war strategics in a teenage/adult book, 28 Oct 2010
its like psychology+ war strategics + warrior + games + wow wow wow awesome book

i rarely read books as a teenager last one i read at 13 was harry potter lol
this book is hard to put down i read it for like hours and hours.

and it does qeustion ur behaviors like would u do this for the purpose of saving someone

nothing i said ruined it trust me u'll the book is wow with twists and turns and kids

5.0 out of 5 stars You have to read it, 7 Dec 2001
By A Customer
This is one of my favourites- i first read it 7 years ago, and loved it then.
My tastes have changed since then, but this book still had me enthralled from the 1st chapter.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quite simply brilliant, 17 Jun 2001
By A Customer
I generally judge a book on two things: how much I want to keep reading and does the ending leave me satisfied (unless it's a trilogy in which case it applies to the last book). On these counts, especially the first this book deserves the 5 stars straight off.
However there is a lot more to it than a thrilling story line, which is why I often read sci-fi and adventure books. It is quite simply brilliant. Its true that the story stays with you long after you read it. I agree with Darren on most points- it would have been a brilliant book to study at school- they always chose the most boring books to read and study (with the exception of Goodnight Mister Tom- another great book).

5.0 out of 5 stars Harry Potter in space?, 24 Jan 2001
Mr. S. Kenny (Brooklyn, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Am I the only person to recognise the similarities between this book and Harry Potter? I wonder if J. K. Rowling was inspired by Ender...
Read this. Its the original!

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolute classic, 23 Jan 2001
By A Customer
Read the book in one day, now off to buy the rest of the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite, 3 Dec 2000
By A Customer
This is the only book I can open at random and know that I will want to read on. Both the main storylines are fascinating. I used to think that having a favourite book was silly, but now I know better.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very human science fiction story!, 11 Oct 2000
Normann Aaboe Nielsen (Odder Denmark) - See all my reviews
Whatever they are, they are still kids - but terrifying too! The best, most highly intelligent breeds, tested and re-tested for the one purpose: The battle.
And so it is: Even when you are a kid with an almost super-natural high intelligence, with a complete grasp of the cncepts of battling and access to all human knowledge you are still human! You must still have someone to love, even if it is your enemy. You need compassion and you can radiate emphaty.
This is a very strong book, displaying the warm beating human heart in the land of hard science fiction. Much much better than the original short story.

5.0 out of 5 stars THe best book hero ever., 24 Sep 2000
Ender is just one of the smartest thinkers ever. He can outsmart anyone with cool logic and hard work. He is the best leader since Captain Kirk. You really absorb yourself in this one and willl re-read it again and again

5.0 out of 5 stars Not enough stars..., 19 Sep 2000
By A Customer
I cannot recommend another book more. Card writes about poor Ender brilliantly, and creates an Ender-like empathy between you and the boy. The tactical genius in this book is never flawed, and, although the Locke-Demontheses bits are interesting, they are nothing compared to Ender's story. This book will change the way you look at SF.

5.0 out of 5 stars No Better Book, 29 July 2000
By A Customer
I have read quite a few sci-fi and fantasy books. I have to say, I have never read a better book. Not even The Lord of The Rings, and that is saying a lot. Orson Scott Card must either have spent an aeon thinking or be a supreme tactical genius to think up some of Ender's plans while in the Battle School. And frankly, the writing is superb. As I said earlier, there is no better book.

‹ Previous | 139 40 4144 | Next ›
ARRAY(0xa2a76060)

Ender's Game (Ender Saga)
Ender's Game (Ender Saga) by Orson Scott Card (Paperback - 1 Dec 2011)
5.59