5.0 out of 5 stars Best book so far I think
This is the 5th book in Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. Mechanic and coyote skinwalker Mercy Thompson is used to getting in trouble with bigger, badder supernaturals than herself. She lives next door to, and dates, local alpha werewolf Adam Hauptman, works with a Fae and is friends with a vampire. She knows how dangerous the Fae can be, she's met with two of...
Published on 28 Mar 2010 by Claire Mill

3.0 out of 5 stars A shift towards shifter romance
I have to admit that this is the book that I have enjoyed least out of all the books by Patricia Briggs that I have read. Maybe it is because I am judging her by her usual high standard, but I was disappointed.

This book seems to concentrate mainly on the love lives of the major characters, with the peril and problem acting mainly as a framing device for a long...
Published 18 months ago by Alexa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Author, 23 Feb 2012
This review is from: Silver Borne: Mercy Thompson Book 5 (Paperback)
Book in good condition and was very promptly dispatched.I like this series for 'light entertainment' and to see just where the story is going.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, 15 Aug 2011
Love this series of books. There is not quite as much romance as I would have liked but an enjoyable read. Ive read all 5 books!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the one that changed my opinion on Adam, 8 July 2011
This review is from: Silver Borne (Paperback)
I really liked this one and I think it was because of the whole pack mentality and how they (well, most of them) finally accept her as part of the pack and Adam's mate. I also really like the books that Bran show up in, I love Bran.

This is the book that changed my opinion of Adam, when I read all the others the first time I always though Adam was very domineering of Mercy and he just never sat well with me. But this one showed me a different side of him and changed my opinion, which makes me glad I re-read the series because I like him so much more now.

4.0 out of 5 stars great fifth book in the mercy thompson series, 17 April 2011
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
aside from the weird formatting problems that were also present in the fourth book (large gaps between sentences and paragraphs), the story was good and followed on from the fourth very well. mercy is presented with the fact that not only is she not completely accepted by adam's pack, some of them are willing to go extreme lenghs to get her out. at the same time she has to stp a good friend from hurting himself indefinetly...she also has someone trying to kill her....again. great read highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better plot, more entertaining than anticipated!, 28 Mar 2011
This review is from: Silver Borne (Paperback)
The fifth book of Mercy Thompson of Tri-Cities revolves around the fae, in particular a special book of fae secrets that Mercy happens to be in possession of from the earlier books. The plot takes us further into the world of fae as Mercy as usual cannot keep her nose out of trouble and finds herself with a handful too big for her to handle.
What makes this book just a tad better than the earlier ones (or should I say improved - it seems the author is growing) is the parallel story lines of the werewolves, in particular the relationship between Mercy and Adam is enriched and even more interesting pack troubles are entwined with the main plot. Those of you who are fans of Samuel the werewolf will find that his story gets much more complex as a choice of his takes him down a road to what seems to be a sure death sentence.

So with Mercy fighting to save her long lost love Samuel from himself, fighting off the troubles within the pack that comes from her joining it and trying to make sense of the troubles disturbing the fae without getting herself killed and the whereabouts of a missing bookstore owner, I found myself having difficulties keeping tabs on every single detail and event, making myself easily just as clueless as Mercy herself at times which was a nice touch and is also what makes this story better than, say the earlier fae-story that I wasn't particularly thrilled about (Iron Kissed, Mercy book 3)

Action-packed, with a more elaborate plot than earlier, finally some head on action on the pack side this fifth book was a pleasure to read - I read it in one go working a night shift and I wasn't bored a single minute of the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent series, 15 Mar 2011
This review is from: Silver Borne (Paperback)
I'm really enjoying this series. I've read them all twice now, having only been introduced to them 6 months ago. There's very few authors I can re-read that quickly. I can assure those who haven't yet tried them that the quality is consistently high, but it is a series that one should read from the beginning.

As other reviewers have said, a lot of this book deals with the internal dynamics of werewolves, in several senses. I like that. I appreciate it when the author has enough respect for the reader to put some thought into the internal laws of their invention, making them consistent and logical. I enjoy discovering what those laws are, and seeing how the author uses them to build the plot. So long as it's all mixed with enough excitement, and in this book it is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver Borne, 23 Nov 2010
This review is from: Silver Borne (Paperback)
another great Mercy Thompson novel were she embarks on a new adventure. The book was well written and has a great story a book well worth reading

5.0 out of 5 stars Silver Borne, 20 Oct 2010
AngelGoneMad "Naomi" (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Silver Borne (Paperback)
Silver Borne is the fifth instalment in the Mercy Thompson series by Patricia Briggs. This book is suspenseful, sexually torqued to the max and full of mystery.

Mercy is still trying to deal with her issues after the `Tim incident' and is slowly coming round to being able to be with Adam without flinching. Dealing with the pack is another can of worms altogether. Now that she has been properly inducted into the pack as the Alpha leader's, Adam Hauptman, mate she can feel the pack at anytime, anywhere and vice versa. This would be a great thing if Mercy was able to control the magic within her but she can't, which makes her a target and easy prey for those in the pack that don't like having a coyote in their midst. Another problem arises when Tad, Zee's son, calls Mercy and asks her to look in on a friend who seems to have gone missing and turns into a man-hunt. On top of all that, Mercy has a suicidal werewolf to deal with.

Silver Borne pulled me in from the minute I opened the first page, as did the other books in the series. I feel as if I can relate to Mercy even though I am nothing like her. She has the same love life problems as most women her age except she has to throw the supernatural on top of it, she's a coyote and her love interest is the alpha male of the local pack. A pack which detests Mercy, which to me feels like being back at school. Everyone has their own clique and if you don't fit the criteria you are an outcast. This has never stopped Mercy though - she ploughs on and takes it all on the chin and comes out the other side fighting. Sometimes I just wish that Mercy could be given a break from her life as everything seems to come at her all at once, she never seems to get a break from the onslaught. Hopefully the next book might have a bit of rest and relaxation in Mercy's future.

Overall, I absolutely love this book and have thoroughly enjoyed the series. I am sad that we never saw any interaction with the vampires in this book but I am sure there is more to see from them in future books and I can't wait to see how it will involve Mercy and/or the werewolf pack.

Disclaimer: I do not own this book, I borrowed it from my local library. I have not been paid to review this book and everything I have said is of my own honest opinion.

3.0 out of 5 stars it's alright, 8 Oct 2010
This review is from: Silver Borne (Paperback)
I have all of the books in the mercedes thompson series, I prefered the first and second books they were much better! They tend to drag on alot, and by the end, you don't really care what happens! But I keep reading, hoping that it'll get better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brillent!, 16 Sep 2010
Cas (London, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Silver Borne (Paperback)
This was a nouther great book well written and briggs always pulls it out the hate, her writting gets better with every book, lookforward to the next mercy thomson book and her other series alpha and omega...

Silver Borne: Mercy Thompson Book 5
Silver Borne: Mercy Thompson Book 5 by Patricia Briggs (Paperback - 2 Jun 2011)
6.29