Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: PaperbackChange

on 12 April 2010
I don't actually know what i could add to any of my other reviews of the series... I could do endless praising i guess.

I love the whole series, Iron kissed or Silver borne being my favorites but I couldn't say that any of them wasn't good.

In this book we get to see the more sensitive side of Mercy when she's trying to come to terms with the rape and to cope with her panic attacks. All the while she's trying to build a relationship with Adam and yet sometimes she can't bear him touch her. It really touched me some of the chapters when Mercy is hurting and trying so hard... And then there's Adam, ever so patient with her. I have to be honest I couldn't warm up to Adam in the beginning of the series and now I wouldn't have him any other way. I love Adam but i love Mercy even more, she's an amazing character and i could read hundreds of books about her!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 13 September 2015
Not only is Mercy still trying to come to terms to what happened to her in book 3 "Iron Kissed", she has now been targeted by vampire mistress Marsilia who has learned Mercy is responsible for the deaths of a couple of her powerful vampires. Mercy's vampiric ally Stefan has been severely punished, whilst alpha werewolf Adam is prepared to engage in a supernatural war to keep Mercy safe.

This remains a fabulous urban fantasy series with plenty of action surrounding an intriguing and feisty leading lady. Mercy decamps out of area to escape the clutches of the local vampires, and in doing so grabs the attention of an even more powerful enemy that unwittingly reveals more of the powers Mercy can wield as a Walker. Yep it turns out she can do plenty more than shape shift into a coyote and talk to ghosts. 4½ stars
on 16 March 2009
This is the fourth book in the Mercy Thompson series which is shaping up to be a very good one. Mercy is a shape shifting mechanic who can turn into a coyote and lives next door to the head of the local werewolf pack with whom she is having a bit of a thing. Characters are well written and there is action and romance, werewolves and vampires, fae and witches. I thoroughly enjoyed it and my 12 year old niece is currently getting into the series as well so it has a wide appeal. Enjoyed these books more than some of the other stuff Patricia Briggs has written, hope this means she is developing into a stronger writer. If you like this sort of thing, I would also recommend the Cassie Palmer series by Karen Chance.
VINE VOICEon 17 January 2011
I picked up this book on the strength of reading Patricia Briggs' story in the On the Prowl anthology. I thought her writing was superb and wanted to read more of it. However, I wish I'd picked up a different book. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the book but I think I really missed out, not having read this series from the beginning.

Bone Crossed is the fourth book in the Mercedes (Mercy) Thompson books. Mercy is a car mechanic and a shapeshifter - so certainly not a typical woman. She's dating the Alpha of the local werewolf pack, lives with another werewolf and is good friends with vampires, fae and other magical creatures. A quiet life is just not possible - particularly when she finds out her garage has been vandalised.

There are several potential culprits, but perhaps the scariest one of them all is the vampire queen. She's discovered that Mercy killed one of her followers and is not happy. Mercy is officially on her hit list. Luckily, she's a strong, independent woman with good friends around her. Somehow they'll find a way to resolve this peacefully - they hope.

Bone Crossed is a good read and the characters are extremely likeable. But I just felt like I'd missed out by not knowing their history. I'll definitely be resolving this by going back and starting from the beginning of the series - and I'd recommend you do the same, rather than starting in the middle. It works OK as a standalone book, but you'll notice the holes in your knowledge not having read the other books.
on 20 May 2009
I discovered the Patricia Briggs series at my local library and thankfully I had the foresight to find all the first three books and decide to check them all out....Thank goodness I did as I don't think I could have waited to know what happens to Mercy, Adam and Samuel and not to mention Stefan. I'm all about Instant Gratification!

Mercy's story picks up right were we left her after her harrowing ordeal in the last book. She is trying to cope on her own and not trying to be a burden on Adam or her other magical and non magical friends. Mercy gets to finally use her Coyote talent as a Ghost 'whisper' when she is contacted by an old college friend to help her young son who is being haunted by a ghost, and this is after Stefan is dumped' literally' in the middle of her living room! As punishment from his Vampire set for helping her in the past. I won't say any more then that apart from the fact that Mercy doesn't allow herself to wallow in misery and pity for the things that have happened to her in the previous book..and not to mention her ongoing developing romance with Adam brings lighter moments to the story..I can't recommend this book enough, it doesn't lose any of it's momentum and the story clips along at a thrilling pace... If you are going to pick up these books then I recommend that you start at the beginning with Book 1-Moon Called -book 2-Blood Bound -book 3-Iron Kissed. Trust me you will love this series as much as I do, and the only down side is that I now have to wait another year for the next Mercy Thompson novel. Delayed Gratification sucks!
on 17 March 2009
Mercy returns. Poor girl doesn't seem to get a break at all. In this one she's taking on the vampires again and realising that sometimes she does need help from her friends.

You could possibly read and enjoy this if you haven't read the others. But why deny yourself? Patricia Briggs rocks, she does fairy tales for the new millenium.

For those of you who enjoy this, try also the Hurog books (Dragon Bones and Dragon Blood) also by Patricia Briggs.
on 8 July 2011
I think this may be my least favourite of the series. I'm not sure why, I think it's that the story is not as exciting as previous books. Although it's fun to see Mercy and Adam's relationship progressing, especially as I'm reading it with new eyes.

I like that Stefan was in this book a bit more, and the changes in his and Mercy's relationship are interesting to say the least. And we also meet Mercy's mother properly, I like her. She's feisty!
on 11 February 2009
This is the fourth book of the series. Do not try to read it as a stand alone book because there is constant reference to the earlier stories; Moon Called, Blood Bound and Iron Kissed.

In my opinion all the books in this series deserve a 5 star rating. I have read some of Patricia Brigg's other work and she is a skillful writer making fictional worlds and characters seem real and colourful. However, in these books she excels, getting the balance of excitment, romance and mystery just right.

At the start of the book Mercy has been traumatised by events from the previous book but with the help of the werewolves and other supernatural friends she is soon fighting vampires and rescuing innocences as usual.

The books are short but satsifying, I eagerly wait for the next instalment.
on 15 December 2012
5 stars due to it's continuous action, thrills and emotional hooks that draw the reader into Mercy's world and allow them to understand every nuance of her reasons for every action, for every thought and every emotion... Patrigia Briggs has captured the modern way woman in amongst these pages, and has managed to include a typical love story that is anything but cliche and, instead, extremely entertaining and heart wrenching after Mercy's previous experiences in past books; especially previous to this one where she is raped by Tim.
Briggs has continued with the thought process brought about by this occurance, and has made it both an inspiring outcome (where Mercy is able to confront what happened and try to move on) and a tear-jerker when she is consumed by it. Every aspect of Bone Crossed is realistic, which is surprising given that the story focuses on the sexy and the supernatural. (:

Overall, a fantastic read that thrills the reader throughout. I will definitely be suggesting this book and the entire series to friends as Xmas presents! ..And i will also be reading it again soon.
on 15 August 2009
I love the Mercy Thompson books and after what happened in Iron Kissed i had to get Bone Crossed ASAP. Mercy is a woman to be reckoned with and with the Wolves on her side i don't know why anyone would mess with her. But, once again the vampires are after her for killing not one but two of them and Mercy is trying to protect herself and the wolves. Excellant read - quite the ride.