5.0 out of 5 stars Best Mercy yet, 28 Dec 2012
I am behind on this series but am really enjoying catching up. The books just keep getting better. For those unfamiliar with Mercy, she is a shape shifter - becoming a coyote at will. This gives her the advantanges of the coyote; speed and for this book, sense of smell. As usual she manages to get herslf in trouble, suffers painfully for it but ultimately she refuses to give up.
It is categorised as a chick lit book. Blokes, do not be put off, I am a 67 year old red blooded male who enjoyed every page/

5.0 out of 5 stars Completely addicted, 27 Nov 2012
Utterly gripping and unpredictable as always. The characters are coming so alive that you feel like a lucky fly with a very exciting wall to sit on. I put this one down and picked the next straight up!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very well written urban fantasy, 20 Feb 2012
Mrs. J. A. Dervish "Josephine" (Woburn Sands, UK) - See all my reviews
As others have concluded below, if you are a fan of Urban Fantasy this series will be a great new discovery for you with a strong female lead character and her tangled relationships with various supernaturals, friends and foe. I hugely enjoyed the first two books in this series but have struggled a little with the later events in this book. Without giving a spoiler, I would not have made the choices that Patricia Briggs did with the story and her central character. Whilst the plot was skilfully and professionally handled I remain unconvinced that it was necessary to allow things to go as far as she did. Maybe it's realism, maybe it's sensationalism, I found it slightly too much of the latter. Whatever it was, I didn't enjoy it. That said, I will buy later additions to the series and would recommend this author to friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 15 Aug 2011
Good series, wish she didn't live in a trailer or was extremely beautiful does anything good happen? good read wish there was more romance though

5.0 out of 5 stars I think my second favourite in the series, 8 July 2011
This is an awesome installment into the Mercy series, her life gets thrown about like crazy in this one. One good thing is we finally get to see the outcome of the Adam/Samuel saga .... and of course, I'm not telling you what it is!

Good storyline in this one and some hard hitting stuff as well. We meet some new faes (scary faes) and Mercy finally realises some stuff about her place in the pack. I think the readers already knew what she took ages to realise but I suppose that goes with reading a lot of these types of books and learning to read between the lines.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow the end of the third book is truly fantastic, 10 April 2011
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
****contains spoilers***** the story of the coyote walker mercy and her fae/were friends takes on another exciting, as her fae friend zee is accused of murder. in this book mercy also figures out which werewolf she is supposed to be with. however that part of the story isn't what i want to rave about. the writer has been able to capture the exact psychological mind set of a rape victim. she has either done her research or has used personal experience to write the last part of this book. rape is often portrayed from a purely physical point of view and often writers miss the detailed essence of how the victim feels deep inside their soul. this book may just be one in a series of para/sup books, but i feel that those last scenes are commendable, due to what patricia briggs has been able to capture and retell on paper. i higly recommend this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars ** Mild spoiler, 15 Mar 2011
Another excellent book, continuing the standard of the first two, but they should definitely be read in order. Start with Moon Called (Mercy Thompson)

I was warned when I started this book that something horrible happens, and that it has turned some people away from the series. Personally I think it adds power. One shouldn't be able to operate in this kind of world without acquiring some scars, and writers who pretend otherwise forfeit the emotional involvement of their readers.

5.0 out of 5 stars FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!, 3 Sep 2010
I LOVE reading the Mercy Thompson books. The writing is exceptional and story lines will keep you reading well into the late hours! This book is much darker than the first 2 but still an excellent read! I'm still not sure about the character of Ben as his past has never been fully explained but he is growing on me after reading the final chapters. I can't wait to read the next instalment!

5.0 out of 5 stars Mercy Thompson book 3, 4 July 2010
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
When Mercy is asked to investigate the murders of several members of the fae community she is happy to help thinking this is a relatively easy way for her to repay her debt. Things take a turn for the worse when Zee is charged with murder and none of the fae seem willing to come to his aid even though Mercy knows he is innocent. Not one to leave her friends in trouble Mercy takes it upon herself to prove Zee's innocence and in doing so will come across her most dangerous enemy yet.

First I must say that if you're new to this series you really should read Moon Called & Blood Bound before starting Iron Kissed. This is a well written urban fantasy series and one that I would highly recommend. Iron Kissed is a great addition to the series so if you're already a fan I'm sure you're going to enjoy this book. I'll warn you now that this one is a lot darker than the first 2 books but it is so well written that you won't be able to put it down.

I love Mercy, she isn't the strongest supernatural character, in fact compared to the werewolves she is physically quite weak but she has a tenacious attitude and is determined to stand up for herself and make her own decisions. In Iron Kissed this will end up getting her into a lot of trouble, the choices she makes mean she ends up facing a monster she couldn't have imagined in her worst nightmares but will her friends arrive in time to save her? There are a few scenes here where my heart was in my mouth & I couldn't quite believe what was happening. The writing was fantastic though & I especially loved the scene with Ben towards the end of the book - I now have a much better understanding of him and have really grown to like and respect him despite the fact that I wasn't a fan of his before this book.

I love the fact that the love triangle between Mercy, Samuel & Adam is resolved in this book. I often find with urban fantasy series that the love triangles continue for too long & start to bore me but I think Patricia Briggs timed things perfectly. I was very happy with the outcome but I'm not going to say any more than that - you'll have to read the book to find out who she chooses! As far as I'm concerned this series just gets better with each book & I'm really looking forward to getting my teeth into Bone Crossed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best in Show (and Series), 4 Feb 2010
Tense and nail biting installment of Mercy Thompson series where Mercy is called on by her mentor and mechanic friend Zee to sniff out (quite literally) who is embroiled in a series of fae murders. This is probably the strongest installment of the Mercy series yet, in terms of characterisation, plot and mystery. Mercy and the reader learn more about the secretive fae and Mercy herself is finally forced to choose between her two alphas Adam and Samuel, although her love life is thrown several complications by the case.

This is easily the best of the Mercy series so far although you will need tissues for the ending.

Iron Kissed: Mercy Thompson, book 3
Iron Kissed: Mercy Thompson, book 3 by Patricia Briggs (Paperback - 2 Jun 2011)
5.59