5.0 out of 5 stars sometimes i wish it was me ...
If you are into a strict, but loving version of ttwd (this thing we do aka spanking) this is a book you will love.

The witty way in which it is written, makes this book fun to read, and it often made me smile.
The events leading up to the spankings are original, and the anticipation builds up as you read along.
It is amazing how the author has...
Published on 25 Dec 2007 by Frency Holbrecht

3.0 out of 5 stars Average spanko fare.
Some of the stories are quite clever, especially the "historical" types. However overall most are too "samey" to be of any real interest. All the girls are young / beautiful / impudent. All of them react positively to their experience etc etc . All pretty predictable stuff.
Published on 27 Sep 2008 by Reynard

5.0 out of 5 stars sometimes i wish it was me ..., 25 Dec 2007
Frency Holbrecht (Belgium) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blushing at Both Ends (Nexus) (Mass Market Paperback)

It is amazing how the author has captured both the male as the female psychology behind ttwd, I learned a bit more about spanko - man, and recognised alot of the feelings the female characters have. It's not often you find a book that captures both sides of the story.
I hope there will be more books by this author, where he lets us know what happened to the characters in this book and introduces us to many others.
To make a long review short : this book is a turn on for me, it's fun to read and more then once i wished i was the girl on the receiving end of those spankings.

5.0 out of 5 stars Delightful - at either end of the paddle!, 13 Jun 2008
This review is from: Blushing at Both Ends (Nexus) (Mass Market Paperback)
These short stories were fun, quirky and easy going escapism for all those who like young ladies getting their come uppance by older, authority figures. Some cheeky (every pun intended!) twists on the Classics - (Importance of being Earnest, Jane Eyre etc...) and good if you enjoy brat scenes. You also get the feel that the author truly is a conoisseur of this particular part of the anatomy!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars It is as the cover says 'A Masterly Collection of Correctional Measures!', 10 July 2008
FRONT EXCERPT:
'You're not going to - to spank me?'
'Oh, but I am, my dear. I most certainly am. I'm going to do just what your own father sadly neglected to do: that is, put you across my knee, take down your knickers, and then -' Matthew's voice slowed, and he gazed almost hypnotically into Susie's eyes, gauging her reaction to his words '- and then, Susie, I shall spank you - spank you very, very soundly indeed on your soft bare bottom. Spank you lovingly, long and hard, just as you deserve; spank you until every inch of your pretty young bottom is blushing rosy red; spank you until you wail and plead for mercy; spank you, Susie, until your sweet bottom is scarlet and tender and burning hot and you're very, very sorry for what you've done.'
With each reiteration of the word 'spank', Matthew's hand lightly slapped Susie's rear end, making her plump cheeks quiver through the thin fabric of her trousers. Now he smiled at her - a smile of great warmth and kindness, full of a sense of coming joy.
'That, my dear Susie, is what's about to happen to you. As I said, you have a beautiful bottom: full and soft and round, the kind of bottom that's absolutely made to be spanked. More's the pity that nobody's done so - until now.'
IF YOU LIKE THAT, YOU'LL LOVE THIS BOOK!!
It is an absolutely charming read, which started out so fantastically that I thought it couldn't get any better ... until the author visited such classics as Jane Eyre (Ooh, Mr Rochester!!) and The Importance of Being Earnest!
Each of the eighteen stories feels complete, and ends so positively that you can't help but smile upon finishing it! (In fact, the whole book feels as though you are reading sunshine it is so joyous!) And I adored the author's wordplay (especially at the end of 'Blushing Bride' - punched the air in delight!)
All in all, a fantastic buy, and I very much hope that the author goes on to write many more books! - Although in the meantime, this is definitely one I will be going back to again ... and again ... and again!!

5.0 out of 5 stars fab book, 17 Jan 2012
This review is from: Blushing at Both Ends (Nexus) (Mass Market Paperback)
really enjoyed this book, lovely short stories and very sweet, left me blushing at times, and tingling too,

over all its a good book, specially if your new to the world of adult spankings. its makes you want to be the women in the stories, well worth a read

4.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining and Very Varied Collection of Hot-Bottom Stories, 23 May 2008
Clifford (Weymouth, Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Blushing at Both Ends (Nexus) (Mass Market Paperback)
This is an entertaining collection of 18 short stories offering a wide-ranging set of scenarios in which young females are sternly corrected by a man's impacting hand. It contains several `modifications' to classic tales, such as `Gone with the Wind', `Emma' and `Brave New World', although I felt that these weren't among the best stories; just possibly a little forced, perhaps, in the author's search for inspiration? Some stories involve subtly entertaining twists at their conclusions. Perhaps not the best short stories available these days, but still a stimulating collection that I'm sure will please many.

5.0 out of 5 stars blushing at both ends, 21 July 2009
This review is from: Blushing at Both Ends (Nexus) (Mass Market Paperback)
I find it hard to express the joy this book brought me. I found it funny and sexy and it made me glow inside. I wanted to be every girl on these pages, I wanted to feel the strength of the men and be lovingly and masterfully spanked and controlled. I enjoyed the way it was written, each story was different and I love the excitement as it built up to each spanking. I particularly enjoyed the pastiches of classic authors - Jane Austen, Oscar Wilde, etc. If you love spanking - or being spanked - or if you have even just thought you might like to be spanked- don't miss this book! It has given me pleasure again and again

5.0 out of 5 stars A world of possibilities awaits you within... if you're lucky, 19 Jan 2013
This review is from: Blushing at Both Ends (Nexus) (Mass Market Paperback)
I bought this nearly two years ago now, while I was still married and while I was desperately trying to find ways of getting my ex-wife to ditch her somewhat ferocious Germaine Greer-inspired demeanour in favour of some kind of feminine submission. I'm talking flowers, chocolates, the acceptance of a compliment or two... and ultimately some sort of bedroom activity that I might be able to partake in that would not take me less than sixty seconds to complete. I left the book lying around, casually open at one of the most intriguing pages (which I had also left a bookmark in and folded down the corner of, just so there would be absolutely no misunderstanding)... then I waited. The page was 112 by the way, slap bang in the middle of Chapter Nine. Here's a brief summary of all of the chapters;

1. Room Service - A man has an interesting encounter with a Parisian hotel chambermaaid. Slightly ruined by a description of the subsequent sexual encounter that reads more like a secondary school Biology lesson. 'Scrotum'? I feel rather ill.
2. Blushing Bride - Man is dumped by woman, who is all set to marry another man. Original man ends up spanking her and then sleeping with her. As you do.
3. Reader He Spanked Me - 'The Missing Chapter From Jane Eyre' - Mr Rochester arms himself with a riding crop and goes after Jane's 'glowing posteriors'.
4. In The Red - Susie, a bit of a spendaholic, meets a bank manager with a novel way of teaching her how to manage her finances.
5. Motivation - Gobby Hollywood actress is given a choice of being fired or accepting a spanking.
6. Gone With The Wind - 'The Lost Spanking Scene' - Written in the form of a 'script', I found this to be almost impossible to read. Frankly, I couldn't give a damn about it.
7. Academic Discipline - Lazy student fails to submit her coursework and convinces her tutor to put her over his knee. She ends up with 'twin trembling masses of fiery flesh'. Now, there's an image.
8. Shrewd Treatment - A Shakespearean Shrew is Tamed.
9. Snow White And Rose Red - Forget the Seven Dwarves, this woman is called Snow White because she is a cold, rather bolshy young lady. Events conspire to put her in the hut of a handsome, no-nonsense goatherd for a week. He finds a use for a spatula that I could never have come up with, leaving her 'Rose Red'.
10. Emma, The Lost Version - Mr Knightly spanks Emma during a picnic on Box Hill.
11. Bikini Line - It's 1960 and a newly married lady incurs her husband's wrath by wearing a skimpy bikini in public, culminating in a public spanking for her on Bournemouth beach.
12. Tutoring Miss Lillian, An Edwardian Romance - A tutor gets better OFSTED results with the help of his hand and a handily discarded riding crop. Or something like that.
13. Spank Me Baby, Don't Mean Maybe, the missing chapter from Brave New World - Someone called Bernard spanks someone called Lenina. The rest is truthfully quite beyond me.
14. Heads And Tails - A sixteen year old gets more than she bargained for during a visit to the Principal's study.
15. Corrective Measures - An accountant manages to lead a surprisingly interesting life, sorting out financial irregularities with his own 'corrective measures'.
16. First Class Training - A Victorian train compartment plays host to a wide range of activities.
17. Wilde Times, The Missing Spanking Scene From 'The Importance Of Being Earnest' - Another story written in the form of a 'play'. I really don't think it works, since it doesn't really give much scope for one's imagination.
18. The Pirate's Bride, A Swashbuckling Romance - There's a twist in the tale of this one.

Obviously, I had already had more than a brief look through the stories first. They are brilliantly written (apart from those two little playlets, which don't seem to work in any way), really managing to set the scene for each spanking encounter and to build up the tension and the atmosphere exceedingly well. I was less keen on the stories that featured any sort of concluding horizontal exercise element to them - I have a bit of a bad back and, anyway, I'm hopeless in all romantic situations. All the same, I found most of these stories to be incredibly stimulating. In fact I had to stop reading them every so often in order to remind myself to breathe, I was that engrossed. I was so hoping that my ex-wife would take my hint, I had everything crossed that she would. And she did! Well, sort of.

Except that her interpretation of things had ME on the receiving end of things. Fair enough, she was undoubtedly more masculine than me - in practically every conceivable department - but these stories make no mention whatsoever of any blokes going over any knees. Which is not to say it was not incredibly enjoyable, far from it. It was just not quite what I had been expecting. We're divorced now of course. But I've kept this book. And the pair of tight ladies' knickers I was 'forced' to purchase in order to give everyone concerned the most authentic possible experience. I read it quite a lot actually. And I still have to remind myself to breathe sometimes while I'm doing so.

3.0 out of 5 stars Average spanko fare., 27 Sep 2008
This review is from: Blushing at Both Ends (Nexus) (Mass Market Paperback)

Blushing at Both Ends (Nexus)
Blushing at Both Ends (Nexus) by Philip Kemp (Mass Market Paperback - 10 Jan 2008)