5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best compilations of erotica on the market.
This book lives up to its title: Wicked Words. Again, Black Lace gives us many shorts that are filled with erotic delights but don't numb the mind as some other anthologies are apt to do. The stories are both from the UK and US which gives it a good balance. This is a definite recommend along with "My Dirty Thirties". Good reading for all who are interested in erotica.
Published on 9 Dec 2004

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING
The stories were rubbish. I was very disappointed with the book and didn't read any of the stories all the way through as they were very poor and didn't grab my attention.
Published on 7 April 2006

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best compilations of erotica on the market., 9 Dec 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Wicked Words 10: A Black Lace Short Story Collection: v. 10 (Wicked Words: A Black Lace Short Story Collection (Unnumbered)) (Mass Market Paperback)

1.0 out of 5 stars DISAPPOINTING, 7 April 2006

4.0 out of 5 stars I'm confused by the negative reviews..., 12 July 2008
Lucy Felthouse (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I'm somewhat confused by the rubbish reviews of this title! I've had this book in my collection for some time, so have read it a couple of times now, and I have to say I still thoroughly enjoyed it! It's basically a compilation of the best stories from previous Black Lace editions of Wicked Words. I haven't, of course, read all of the other Wicked Words, but I'm getting there. And this book is definitely hot!!

Black Lace has changed over the years, and as I'm reading more and more titles, I'm noticing this quite considerably. For example, as "political correctness" becomes more of an issue, Black Lace is, unfortunately becoming more vanilla. This book, though, published in 2004 isn't. It's full of some incredibly alternative ideas for an erotic story, for example sex with a wheelchair user, a priest deflowering members of his congregation, and so on. It's great to see different situations being brought up, rather than same old, same old. And indeed, many of these ideas will appeal to the readers, even the more niche situations were arousing in their own way.

Overall, I think this is a really good book! It's naughty, it's different and it's sexy - what's not to like? If you like Black Lace, particularly its more hardcore elements, give Wicked Words 10 a bash.

1.0 out of 5 stars utter dross, 8 Mar 2006
By A Customer
Probably the worst book I've ever read, the writing is of such a poor standard. You do not use the same phrase to describe something more than once - but on the same page ! he looked at her sex.... please , stop it right now. My lasting impression is of how badly written it was.

2.0 out of 5 stars Definitely NOT the Best of Wicked Words, 13 July 2006
Lesley (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
Oh what a disappointment this book was. I am a great fan of Black Lace books, particularly the short stories, but I found this collection unimaginitive and quite frankly boring. I didn't even bother to finish some of the stories. Anyone buying this book thinking it has a collection of the "best" Black Lace short stories would probably never buy another one again. Fortunately, I know there are some far more sexy and scintilating collections out there.