5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best erotic book for women
Published on 1 Feb 2004

3.0 out of 5 stars Tame
I have made my way through 5 of these stories now and too be honest I'm not too impressed. The length of them are ok (about 10-15 mins each), but not nearly racey enough! In one story the 'climax' (ha!) was a woman being whipped a few times, nothing more. Maybe I'm more extreme than I thought, but I don't think so. I was left feeling rather deflated and not really in...
Published on 28 Jun 2012 by Shiv

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely the best erotic book for women, 1 Feb 2004
By A Customer
This review is from: Wicked Words 9: An Erotic Short Story Collection: Vol 9 (Mass Market Paperback)
Living in America, I have been exposed mostly to rather forgettable erotic tales, published in books that are clearly NOT designed for longevity. This book is remarkably different. The friend I was visiting in London gave me this book to read on the plane coming back to New York and I was stunned by how well-written and conceived these stories were. I laughed out loud at "Beverly's Pastime" by Sage Vivant -- what absolute flair! And I adored "Foot on the Line" as well as "Birthday Suit." Really, there were no stories in this collection that weren't 10 times better than the stuff that appears in the silly erotic books we get in the states. Bravo, Black Lace! I'll be checking out the earlier versions of this line, too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wickedly Wonderful, 7 Nov 2004
I really liked the stories in this book. Some were more of a turn on than the others, but all were very original and highly sexual. Some of the characters and ideas were a little on the odd side but that made it more interesting if you like reading new things. I recommend this book to people who not only like erotica but also who enjoy reading interesting tales. Another book of erotica that is especially outstanding is "Bedtime Stories For Women" by author Nancy Madore.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 1 Nov 2004
Lucy Felthouse (Derbyshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I am a big fan of Black Lace and although the full length novels are very good, sometimes they do drag a little, so this book full of short stories along the same lines was ideal. Very raunchy and erotic, these stories are great for getting any woman (or man!!) in the mood. I was well impressed. I also like the idea that some of the stories are about people that are different (for want of a better word!), ie there's one about someone in a wheelchair which I found very touching, because, at the end of the day, we're not all the same, but we are all human!! Fantastic read.

5.0 out of 5 stars wicked words, wow!!, 19 May 2003
By A Customer
This book is great, it features a number of short stories, with a variety of themes and events. The short stories are great for people who want to read some erotic fiction, but are unsure of what you would like to read. The authors are top notch and there should be something for everybody!!
Enjoy...

5.0 out of 5 stars Sexy, kinky and romantic, 20 Jan 2007
Wicked Words is a great series and I think this is my favorite one so far, with creative and sexy stories by writers old and new. The standard of writing is remarkable. I particularly loved "Bootblack" by Tulsa Brown, a tale that goes to the heart of both fem-dom and male-dom D/s games. "Wheels on Fire" by Mathilde Madden is a wonderful story that I really can't describe without spoiling the plot: you just have to read it! But my favorite of them all is "Six of the Best" by Fiona Locke, in which a university student unexpectedly encounters her old schoolmaster: never has authority been sexier. This story led me to Fiona's new novel, "Over the Knee", which is a wonderful exploration of kinky romance. There are several other authors here whose books I'll be buying soon. Well done, Wicked Words!

5.0 out of 5 stars Saucy!, 29 July 2010
First time I bought erotic fiction and I wasn't disappointed at all. Definitely something to cater for most tastes in this book, even if the tastes are a little unusual!

4.0 out of 5 stars A great read!, 13 Jan 2010
Mrs. D. HANSON (University of Birmingham) - See all my reviews
Well written selection of short erotic stories (for women). Not over the top and very enjoyable.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wicked And Wild!, 14 Dec 2006
I've just finished Wicked Words, Vol. 9 (my first read of the Wicked Words series). I could hardly put it down! Well written stories for almost everyone's taste. And just enough 'story' to leave the reader wanting more. For instance, I would love to have known what happened afterwards in 'Bootblack', which was a story about a young man's introduction into the world of female domination.

Loved it! Oh dear, I've just realised I'll have to start the series from the beginning now. Ho hum...

4.0 out of 5 stars Looking forward to Vol. 10, 26 Feb 2007
The stories in the book were just right in terms of length. Not too long as to be ponderous and heavy going, but just long enough to establish the characters and situation. I found it was a book that you could read a story a day from. Just look at the list of titles and read one that takes your fancy. One that caught my eye and sticks in my mind above the others is CAUGHT YOU by Primula Bond. That one has a particular ring to it because I heard a story very similar to that happening in real life.

A substantial book that will give a lot of entertainment, much recommended. Another book I can much recommend is FIVE MINUTE EROTICA by Carol Queen, and a new one, 100 PERCENT EROTICA by Suzie Van Aartman, which is an intriguing collection of very erotic and explicit stories some of which involve characters of more advanced years and well developed figures, some of them very well developed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wicked!, 13 Oct 2005
By A Customer
Wicked in every way, I have all of the collection and can safely say the standard has not dropped!

Wicked Words 9: An Erotic Short Story Collection: Vol 9
Wicked Words 9: An Erotic Short Story Collection: Vol 9 by Kerri Sharp (Mass Market Paperback - 8 Jan 2004)
6.55