Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Summer Savings Up to 25% Off Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Oasis Learn more Shop now Learn more Learn More

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 20 December 2003
As a confirmed Penny Birch addict, I was only sorry to have read this book after so many of the others rather then first. In this collection of short stories her writing style is often less polished than in later books, perhaps indicative that they were written earlier. Certainly the first few have a semi-autobiographical flavour, which I found particularly delightful. The later ones are more typical Penny Birch, although in some cases I was left with the impression that she was experimenting. A must read for all Penny Birch fans, but be warned, this is not for the prissy!
on 3 February 2004
There are some wonderful erotic stories here - loosely autobiographical, completely filthy and always imaginative!
But this is more than just erotica; it's also poignant, endearing - and sometimes hilarious. I never expected to be laughing out loud as I was reading the story about the League of Purity.
I really do recommend this book - but not if you're easily shocked!
on 21 July 2007
As it says on the cover, this is a collection of short stories, loosely held together by a fairly tenuous proposition that its deliberately naughty young female narrator is now a new lecturer in the biological sciences. Some of the stories are her reminiscences; others are like diary entries of the more salacious goings-on in her life. There's certainly lots of erotic material, mostly centred around Miss Birch's craving for chastisement of her rear end and for a whole range of more humiliating experiences which seems to omit little in the panoply of dominance/submission fantasies, including significant voyeuristic scenarios. Perhaps because of this I felt the material to be artificially manipulated to be all things to all fetishists, rather than an illustration of the particular erotic psyche of the narrator. It seemed to me rather tired and formulaic, going through the motions of submission (and trying too hard) rather than suggesting true excitement. It's well written, and it will please M/F enthusiasts, but it's not one of Birch's better efforts.
on 7 October 2004
I should have met this naughty lady when she and I were teenagers! All sorts of naughty games, and she wants to make us believe she was shy and timid! That's what I was then, not she!
Great short stories, quite readable and inspiring!
I will soon be ordering anathor book from you Penny, that's for sure!
Regards,
A. Timmer
on 17 August 2014
Excellent book, the kind of girl you wished you had met at least once in your life.
on 26 January 2015
Naughty Penny! Great saucy read.
on 17 November 2003
As an avid reader of erotic fiction, I was looking forward to enjoying a few quiet moments with this book. However I was sorely disappointed. The prose do not flow, it is written in a very straightforward way, as a series of 'short story' chapters rather than a novel.
Once you get used to the style of writing, the content also lets you down. I am no prude, domination, whipping and anal sex do not offend me, but if I had been warned about 'golden showers', I would not have purchased the book. Fine if you like it, but not what I was expecting.