5.0 out of 5 stars Third Time's a Charm !
Published on 7 Aug 1999

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as the two previous ones
Published on 24 April 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars Third Time's a Charm !, 7 Aug 1999
This review is from: The Top of Her Game (Black Lace) (Mass Market Paperback)
After devouring both "Cooking Up a Storm" and especially "Menage" I could'nt wait to get my hands on "Top of Her Game". I was definately not disappointed.Although I will admit, I was'nt as bowled over as I was with Menage ( which remains a favorite book -in all catagories), this was a great story, and one that I know I will definately read again. Zach Taylor seems to be the immovable force that Julia needs to give her life the direction she searched for. And are'nt we lucky to get front row tickets to watch the fireworks when these two hotheads finally do 'get busy'.Emma Holly has become a favorite and I look forward to her next books with much anticipation.

5.0 out of 5 stars The More I..., 16 Feb 2009
...think about the erotica I like, the more I realise how much I love Emma Holly. And how I actually prefer this book to Menage. There are so few good books about women who are somewhat dominant out there- or at least, ones that are written by women. And this one is definitely my favourite, and my favourite Emma Holly novel.

The main character is strong and dominant without being ridiculous, true to herself even when compromising and trying out something new, and the hero is delicious. I love Holly's male characters, because it always feels like she's really thought about what makes a man's sexuality sexy- the idea that a man is made weak by something, that his sexuality is so overwhelming it is often debilitating. But in a sexy way. I like that.

The hero in this is strong and interesting and vulnerable all at the same time, and he has some...let's say sexual flaws that make the bedroom scenes very spicy indeed.

Love this book, love Holly for writing it, love.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great erotc scenes, plot line, and character development, 21 Aug 1999
This review is from: The Top of Her Game (Black Lace) (Mass Market Paperback)
I've read three Black Lace books so far, and this one is by far the best. I will definitely read Emma Holly's other Black Lace novels. What is great about this book is that the erotic scenes are very hot, the characters are believable and well developed, and the story line integrates the sex scenes well. This is the first erotic novel I've read that does all three things successfully. Thanks, Emma, for a well-written book that is a pleasure to read.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not quite as good as the two previous ones, 24 April 1999
This review is from: The Top of Her Game (Black Lace) (Mass Market Paperback)
I find books about domination just plain silly. Fortunately, only about a quarter of this book is directly about domination. I do, of course, realize that these scenes have a structural function in the book, as a counter-weight to the more romantic ones. Unfortunately that does not change my emotional response to them. Still, The top of her game contains some lovely scenes that will warm more than your heart, and I will certainly buy the next book by this author as soon as it is out.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 8 Feb 2007
Ms. J. Jones "Lucky" (Manchester) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Top of Her Game (Paperback)
Having read Menage I was expecting some hot sex scenes, however, I find myself flicking through the pages looking for the best bits which aren't as steamy as the other books I've read.

The Top of Her Game (Black Lace)
The Top of Her Game (Black Lace) by Emma Holly (Mass Market Paperback - 18 Mar 1999)
Used & New from: 0.25