5.0 out of 5 stars uninvited by clive haroald

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not as good as the first time
Published 18 months ago by manchester maz

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars uninvited by clive haroald, 29 April 2004
thomas peter clare (newton le willows, merseyside United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Uninvited (Paperback)
excellent book,based on a true story,that actually happened in 1977.set inpembrokeshire,south west wales,the coombs family,who have a dairy farm,areterrorised by strange phenomena,ufo sightings,over a period of twelvemonths.They live in a farmhouse ,on the cliff top overlooking dale.thestory is told as it happened,makes the hairs on the back of your neckstand up.I actually bought this book in 1977,and mislaid it.then in 1982 imoved down to pembrokeshire to live,was in raf,based at brawdy airbase.Icould relate to the coombs story,it was great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read - read it - if you can find it!!, 19 May 2008
This review is from: The Uninvited (Paperback)
I read this years ago and passed it around family and friends and eventually lost track of it. i was thinking about it today and thought, i'd really like to read it again. All i could remember was Aliens, Wales, Farmers, Brilliant. I did a search on amazon and saw "the uninvited" by Nick Pope. (different book) but immediately knew it was the right name, and sure enough the reviewer above described the book exactly.

I've read some stuff in my time, but no book has ever made me REALLY think about aliens or life on other planets like this one did. I recomend it to anyone who loves to read, and deffinately to anyone who is not sure one way or another about aliens and abductions. I really really couldnt believe what i was reading. I am heading to ebay now to try and track this baby down. And trust me, this time i wont be lending it out again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this book, 29 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Uninvited (Paperback)
I read this book years ago and found it so interesting that I wanted to read it again.It arrived on time,well packaged and I would recommend this seller. I would recommend this book to anyone with an interest in the unexplained and or ufos.

5.0 out of 5 stars The uninvited, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Uninvited (Paperback)
First heard about this book in the early eighties then bought it in the early nineties. By that time I was married to Katrina (Tina) the eldest daughter from the book. The family don't speak much about the going ons out at Ripperston farm. Could not put the book down read it in one night, fantastic read well worth a look.

4.0 out of 5 stars the truth is out there!, 28 Sep 2009
J w hodgson "Jas" (england, south Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Uninvited (Paperback)
After hearing about this book from a customer, I was intrigued to find out more...
Once I had sourced a copy and had it delivered, i started reading and did not want to stop.

Considering the book is over 30 years old, I am surprised no one has turned it into a film (i think no one has anyway)

I did not know what to expect when i started reading it, and if what is written is all based on the truth then it is a fantastic story which more people would be open to now than when it happened in the 70's.

This is a must read for any ufo / abduction theory fan, and i am sure there have been a lot of books based on this one.

If the truth is out there, then this book brings it a little closer, enjoy!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Old book fabulous read!, 7 Jun 2014
D. Patterson (Barnsley south yorkshire,England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Uninvited (Paperback)
Highly recommended book its an old forgotten true story and it is certainly a book that anyone with an interest in UFOs should purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Uninvited, 2 July 2013
This review is from: The Uninvited (Paperback)
Another good read and for a friend he so enjoyed this and we even visited the site of this happening.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book., 12 Jun 2013
Redwards (Swansea, Wales, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Uninvited (Paperback)
If you're from the West Wales area and haven't read this then get it. Very interesting if it's all true and gives the Pembrokeshire area a bit of mystique about it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting but not as good as the first time, 30 May 2013
This review is from: The Uninvited (Paperback)
I first read this book in the late 1970's and found it really frightening. It had been passed around the family and we all found it very scary. Fast forward to today, I really wanted to read it again and was waiting for the scary bits. It just didn't do it for me this time. I don't know why but maybe I'm not as scared and impressionable as I was thirty odd years ago. It still makes interesting reading but it reads as a work of fiction in my opinion. Even so, in spite of all that I reckon it is worth a read if you can get it cheap enough as it is rather hard to get hold of.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved this book., 24 Sep 2012
This review is from: The Uninvited (Paperback)
I loved this book years ago, and I love it now, too. Great product, great service. It's great that one can still purchase these items, years after they disappear from shelves in a book store.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

The Uninvited
The Uninvited by Clive Harold (Paperback - July 1979)
Used & New from: £23.49