5.0 out of 5 stars Darkness Splintered Review
The sixth book in the Dark Angel series is an intriguing urban fantasy read with lots of action and surprising twists.

Published 13 months ago by Evampire

3.0 out of 5 stars not my favourite KA read
Darkness Splintered. A Dark Angels Novel. Keri Arthur

Review from Jeannie Zelos Book Reviews.
I love Keri's Nikki and Michael series, and now the new one about members of The Circle, but I've only read the first two of the Riley Jenson series, and as this series is a spin off and very established I found it difficult to properly catch up. My fault in that...
Published 13 months ago by Jeannie Zelos

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkness Splintered Review, 26 Nov 2013
Evampire (Gonzales, LA USA) - See all my reviews

To save those closest to her and stop all from breaking loose Risa has no choice but to stop the second gate from opening by finding the keys. She's angered several powerful people and she's feeling the pressure as she finds herself under the scrutiny of the vampire council, some of who thinks she's a monster who should be put to death.

This smooth flowing fast paced plot engages the reader with lots of suspense, romance, action and surprises. The author portrays the story with lots of intense details and vivid imagery that has reader feeling as if they part of the story. The emotions invoked throughout the entire story are felt by the reader as the tension builds.

Keri Arthur's world is an entertaining and intriguing one with compelling characters that continuously bewitch the readers with their personalities ensuring that the readers want more. Risa is a powerful and believable character that can kick butt, can take all the hard knocks that come her way and is yet is prone to be just like any other young "human" female in love. All of the scenes in the book are well written and believable making it easy for the reader to picture each and every one including the intense battles between Risa and her various enemies.

I love Keri Arthur's books and this one is no exception and I can't wait for the final book in the series. This series is best read in order as there is lots of background and events that take place that lead up to the events in this book however it can be read out of order.

4.0 out of 5 stars I did enjoy the book but think I have now had enough of this series., 20 Feb 2014
I did not enjoy this book as much as some of Keri Arthurs other books. Would recommend others give it a try though.

5.0 out of 5 stars OMG!!!!!, 30 Dec 2013
Keri Arthur has done it again! Fabulous read stuck me on the edge of my seat. The only thing wrong with it....it ended! Can't wait for the next one!

4.0 out of 5 stars So where exactly are the keys?, 30 Dec 2013
Cheryl M-M (United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Darkness Splintered: Book 6 in series (Dark Angels) (Paperback)
This is the sixth book in the Riley Jenson spin-off, which features her niece Risa. If you want to catch up the series starts with this book Darkness Unbound: Number 1 in series (Dark Angels).
For a story this far into the series it still has a lot of oomph and many paths to travel. Arthur has once again managed to create a spunky female lead, who tends to speak before she thinks and act before she realizes the consequences of her actions.
After one of her many act first think later actions she finds herself without Azriel and like a cat with zero lives left.
The keys, the ominous keys and the gazillion people who want the keys.
I do hope Risa has thought the whole handing the key over scenario through. At this point in time she is stuck in a hard place with no room for movement.
I wasn't very keen on the rape and impregnate sub-plot from the last book. Not all bad guys need to want to sow their zealous seeds and get women up the duff to execute their plans for global domination. Some of them just send a box of chocs and flowers. Risa might want to think about her choice in men. At least Azriel seems to be less shady than previous beaus.
Although the main goal was to find out where the keys are the story seemed to veer off that topic slightly. It became more about the relationship between Risa and her lover. It also focused on Hunter and her need for complete control.
I think the next book will probably find Hunter and Risa going head to head in an attempt to keep Hunter from accomplishing her main objective. Complete control.
I received a copy of this book via Netgalley.

5.0 out of 5 stars I am so looking forward to 'Darkness Falls' now..., 23 Dec 2013
But I also Don't want to read it because I don't want this series to end. What a dilemma. The interaction between Risa and Azriel just gets better and better and I can't see how there relationship can come to anything good in only one book. But I guess that's why I'm not a writer and Keri Arthur is an amazing one. Highly recommended to all, you can't go wrong with this series. Unless of course you don't read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Riveting, 17 Dec 2013
Can't wait to read the next book, I have not been able to put these down and have read six in a week, absolutely fantastic story line. Just a shame the author has put less sexual content in than the Riley Jensen series as this would have been even better. I have read books by other authors and none have been anywhere close to keri Arthur she is phenomenal I would choose her books over anyone else's anyday

5.0 out of 5 stars Darkness splintered (dark angels), 17 Dec 2013
Once again totally enthralled by this book. I take my hat off to you Keri Arthur, brilliant but there has to be another follow on?? I will look in store, am getting giddy as I type! I hope if there is a follow on it's available immediately! Or the wait will kill me!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant penultimate book, 12 Dec 2013
Rosa and her reaper get so close to the keys and still find a bit of time for themselves. Fighting, explosions, magic, love what more do you want in a book.

4.0 out of 5 stars Book, 12 Dec 2013
Order delivered on time, well packed and just as advertised, I will definitely use this site again and recommend it to others

4.0 out of 5 stars Ramping up to an explosive finale!, 1 Dec 2013
Darkness Splintered is the 6th instalment of Risa's tale, continuing on from Darkness Unmasked and opens with her still occupying a dark space, feeling betrayed by Azriel's far-reaching decisions that saved her life. However, true to character, she is able to shed her pity-party pretty early on and accept what her life has become.

Risa has lost the first 2 keys and is pulled into increasingly pressurised scenarios as the demands ramp up from those looking to get them for themselves. Madeline Hunter, evil incarnate and total nut-job (IMO :-)) and her father (another nut job) have upped the stakes in the race to get the keys and suddenly all who she cares about are at risk. It's time for Risa to step up to the plate and start fighting back - which she does admirably. There were a few twists to the plot that I found intriguing, namely, Hunter's history and the sub-plots surrounding her as well the hints of Risa's own hidden power, which the baddies seem to be more aware of than us, her erstwhile supporters! I'm so looking forward to seeing this develop (hopefully) and watch Risa as she finally kicks bad-ass butt!

From a character development perspective, Risa is growing up. Being forced into the unenviable position of being the only person able to stop Hell from taking over the earth, the pressure forces her to accept who she is, what is important to her and to realise that her dreams of her ideal future were just that - dreams! Managing reality and grasping what her heart desires is more important.

I was a little disappointed at the emotional connection between her and Azriel - in my eyes, this should be just as in-depth (although on the opposite end of the emotional scale) as the way she faces danger and the threats to her friends - with passion, determination and a well of emotion that makes you wish you were a part of her inner circle. But it isn't! While the camaraderie and banter brought a smile to my face, the love (and love-making) between her and Azriel left me just a little flat. I won't share any spoilers but the intimacy and sharing that should follow such an important part of her link with Azriel just wasn't there - it felt quite one-dimensional.

Apart from that, I am really looking forward to the next book where hopefully we'll see her succeed against all the odds!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Darkness Splintered: Book 6 in series (Dark Angels)
Darkness Splintered: Book 6 in series (Dark Angels) by Keri Arthur (Paperback - 5 Nov 2013)