5.0 out of 5 stars Good mystery with romance thrown in.
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Steady she goes...
This is the first Jayne Ann Krentz book I've read - I finally caved after months of Amazon recommending this author in response to the large number of Nora Roberts books I've read.

Published 1 month ago by Latitude

5.0 out of 5 stars Good mystery with romance thrown in., 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: River Road (Kindle Edition)
This has received mixed reviews and I if'd and butted before I downloaded. Glad I did. I have enjoyed a lot of this author's books and was not disapointed with this one. Its too easy to forget why you like a particular author at times. I love JAK because I know that I am going to love the characters. I don't care if they are a bit like charaters in her other books. Thats the way I like them - I am drawn to them, cheer them on and want to know that they will get there in the end. They are also the reason why I reread the books.

There is a good mystery with a little romance thrown in. It kept my interest and had me late for the school run a couple of times - yep a good book!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to her best, 12 Feb 2014
This review is from: River Road (Kindle Edition)
This is a great read. I could not put it down really enjoyed this book was disappointed to finish it.

5.0 out of 5 stars good riead, 9 Mar 2014
MrsW "Dolly" (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: River Road (Kindle Edition)
Although the end result is predictable, getting there was a very good read. The characters were believable, and the suspense as to who was going to do what, very good. Recommended!

3.0 out of 5 stars Steady she goes..., 22 Oct 2014
This review is from: River Road (Paperback)

I wasn't a huge fan of River Road. The writing style is very simple - which isn't always a bad thing, but there were occasions when it jumped out at me. The plot isn't complex, either - which, again, isn't always a bad thing. But there's also a tendency to recap everything that's happened from every character's point of view, so it can be very repetitive, especially if you're a fast reader like me.

Although I realised I wasn't going to love this book, I was getting on all right until I got to the plot elements about business and more detail on the private detective's computer programme. This is where I have to agree with other reviewers that things were rather unrealistic.

There was a lot I liked about the general gist of the story, though, so there's a good chance that I might enjoy other books by this author, especially if they don't feature modern business and police work. Let's face it, the back catalogue is massive so there's bound to be something I like!

5.0 out of 5 stars At her best, 26 Jan 2014
Pius (Amsterdam, The Netherlands) - See all my reviews
This review is from: River Road (Paperback)
Jayne shows her mastery of her romantic insight in this story. With a good grasp of her narrative, presentation of characters that come to live so well, and the smooth flow of her writing, River Road moved so fast that I hardly knew it when I got to the last page. Very entertaining with a plot to die for, replete with actions that leaves one excited all the way to the end of the story. I enjoyed it along with Splendid Comets and Family Man.

3.0 out of 5 stars average Krentz book, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: River Road (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyable but not as good as other Krentz books I've read. The two main characters haven't really stayed with me and I found the storyline a bit obvious. Not her best.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 July 2014
This review is from: River Road (Kindle Edition)
Another excellent read. Cannot wait for the next book

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Read, 10 Jun 2014
This review is from: River Road (Paperback)
This book is another great read by Jayne Ann Krentz. Her characters are strong and believeable. I really enjoyed this thriller

5.0 out of 5 stars River Road, 25 May 2014
This review is from: River Road (Paperback)
I liked this book and so will you if you are a Jayne Ann Krentz fan looking forward to her next oneregardles is she is writing as Amanda Quick or Jayne Castle

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read, 9 Feb 2014
This review is from: River Road (Paperback)
follows the usual plot lines, heroine with problems meets her perfect match in slighly flawed hero.someone is out to kill them.likeable hero ,JAK in good form

River Road
River Road by Jayne Ann Krentz (Paperback - 7 Jan 2014)