5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book best yet from Kenyon
Published 10 months ago by Sarah Buisson

3.0 out of 5 stars too much for the past not enough for the present
Published 2 months ago by Rai

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant book best yet from Kenyon, 3 Sep 2013
Having pre-ordered this book on my kindle a while back I read the lastest instalment of the Dark Hunter world with bated breath as I had not been so impressed with the last couple of books that Kenyon wrote. However, Styxx has to be one of the best yet, and I particularly enjoyed reading the authors note at the beginning as Kenyon is upfront about the fact that there is no documented history on the time that she is writing about for Styxx and Acheron's pasts. I enjoyed reading this book and think that it is the standout along with Acheron as the best two books in the series. The detail in the writing describing Styxx past and how it differs so greatly from what Acheron has always said about his brother is spectacular and it really captures the pain that he felt. I would recommend this book to anyone but warn them to read the rest of the series' first before they delve into this as it answers a lot of unsolves questions about Styxx and about why he played his part in earlier books and how he was persuaded to join the Dark Hunters fight against Stryker.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sherrilyn Kenyon's best so far!, 9 Sep 2013
N. E. Beetison (UK) - See all my reviews
Having read all of Sherri's Dark Hunter books I knew this story was going to be hard to read in some parts.(just like his twin brother Acheron's book) Some of the reviews on here amaze me! They say they have read Sherri's books and yet they are still suprised about the bad things that happen to Styxx! All of her characters have had bad lives including Styxx's own twin. So what do they expect!
Sherri writes a wonderfull story here filled with trials and tribulations (even sexual abuse)and makes you love Styxx in a way you never expected. He is strong and loyal. A true hero. As other reviewers have said I too started to dislike Acheron and wanted to give him a slap. As the goddess Athena says to Styxx just after his birth "Poor, poor Styxx, like your brother's, yours will be an unpleasant future. I'm sorry I couldn't do more for either of you. But the human world needs its heroes. And one day, they will all need you." Also remember Heroes are not born but forged!Loved it, loved it loved it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars An incredibly emotional journey, 10 Sep 2013
Mrs. U. Maclean (NLW- UK) - See all my reviews
I have to agree with the other reviewers that this has to be the best DH book yet. It was so well written and emotive my eyes watered nearly all the way through. The way poor Styxx was so stoic and caring even as a child despite all he endured, with no one to love or comfort him, it was totally heartbreaking. Sherilyn Kenyon made his character so utterly believable I felt his pain. I don't know how this can be topped quite honestly. I couldn't have stood it if he hadn't got his happy ending.

5.0 out of 5 stars An emotional tale proving there is two sides to every story...., 5 Sep 2013
I don't think I can describe how this book made me feel... It's also hard to say much about it without spoiling it, so I'm not going to go into the story's twists and turns (and there were alot!) Acheron was a hard book to read and man did you wanna murder Styxx in it for what he did to Ash... But then you read Styxx and you are blown away. No one knew Styxx, I don't think anyone saw this book coming. It is heartbreaking. Truly heartbreaking. He had it worse than Ash. He really truly did. I actually hated Ash in this book for what happened to Styxx and even at the end I wasn't 100% certain I wanted to forgive him, even though he deserved forgiveness. Total new perspective. Absolute must read for those who have followed these books from the beginning and for new comers to the world of the Dark-Hunters.

My only complaint (while I was reading it) would be that while reading it (on my Kindle) I was ever conscious of the fact that I was getting further and further into the book and we were still in Ancient Greece/Atlantis. I kept wanting to know when we'd hit the modern era - like in Ash's book - and see Styxx and Beth, Styxx and Ash etc in the present. It was incredibly frustrating when reading thinking that it would all be rushed and it was because I was expecting it to be like Ash's book. This isn't Ash's book and Styxx and Beth didn't need to meet and fall in love like Ash and Tory, they never stopped being in love and that was my mistake.

I would've liked more time in the present but I can't wait for a re-read now I know I don't have to worry about the amount of time in Ancient Greece taking away from Styxx's future as - with all Kenyon's books - our man gets the future he deserves in the end, and it was wonderful... Even if the amount of abuse in this book makes it hard to read at times.

I can't wait to see Styxx in further releases, he totally stole my heart.

5.0 out of 5 stars The best book yet Styxx, 10 Sep 2013
I love all the Dark Hunter series i have them all and wait for each book to come out and love them all, But this book out shines, out reads everything that Sherriln Kenyon has ever written before

It has has me crying and so emotional throughout this book...(Yes i know it's fictional) but the way it is written and the way the images form in your mind from reading this book are amazing

Love it and can't wait for the next one........

5.0 out of 5 stars Never thought anything could compete Acheron but this did, 9 Sep 2013
Oh my God. Or Gods in this case. Styxx was amazing. From the start to finish I was crying laughing crying and generally wanting to hit Acheron at points. The twists and turns were brilliant. Bethany an Egyptian goddess falls in love with a humble man in Styxx who everyone thinks is living a life of luxury when in fact he is treated worse than a dog. His early scenes were sometimes even more disturbing than in Ash's book. I cried so hard that he was so brave and never let it defeat him. The scenes with him an Bethany showed that Styxx was deeply devoted to her. It was well written, well paced and if you are gonna read it please keep a box of tissue handy. You will need it. Looks like the next book might be the merging of Chronicles of Nick with Dark Hunter Series. As always Dark Hunter rocks.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW, 7 Sep 2013
I just don't know where to begin. Sherrilyn Kenyon is amazing.
Styxx is more than I could of ever hoped for. I'm a massive Dark Hunter fan and have loved all the books. Archeron is my favourite book of all time and I was unsure how Styxx' s story would work. I guess there really are three sides to every tale.
Styxx's is so emotional and your heart really breaks for a him.
I won't go in to details as I don't want to ruin it for others but this really is one of the best books I've read in a long time.

3.0 out of 5 stars too much for the past not enough for the present, 27 April 2014
This review is from: Styxx (Dark-Hunter World) (Paperback)
Not quite up to the usual standard of Kenyon's dark hunter novels in her hey day. I found the majority of this book harrowing & hard to stomach. The graphic language that was used & events portrayed were enough to make me want to put the book down & "accidentally" kick it under the bed never to be seen again. However, I did feel enough empathy with the lead character to want to read on & see his happy ending. Which I think fell short... I found it hard to believe & frankly a bit rushed not unlike Acheron's novel... I felt Kenyon had exhausted her writing energy focusing on the torturous past life to give special attention to the ending. Overall the book was OK but not one I would rush back to read again like night play/ night pleasures/ night embrace.

4.0 out of 5 stars "Dark-Hunter" series book 23, 7 Dec 2013
Book Addict - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
I couldn't wait to uncover Styxx's history. Of course we already have Acheron's record of events, but there's always been a hint that Styxx wasn't as bad as he seemed during his villainous appearances throughout this series. I must say that if you thought Acheron had a bad childhood as the rejected son of a king, Styxx had a far bleaker upbringing as the beloved future heir. Not only would he be punished for any behaviour his father thought unfit for his heir, Styxx would also feel the physical abuse his twin Acheron suffered as well.

Styxx's history recaps important parts of Acheron's but the reader learns of Styxx's motivations for what appeared callous actions in previous books. This book spans millennia but a large part centres around Styxx's upbringing and the perception by most people that he is nothing more than a pampered heir. But Styxx's personal history mirrors Acheron's; as he is abused by his father, those he considered trustworthy and a number of Gods from a variety of pantheons. His story is as heart breaking as Acheron's and even more so in places when he meets Bethany and falls in love with her.

"Styxx" is on par with the wonderful "Acheron". Styxx proves to be a formidable survivor, yet your heart breaks during his more vulnerable moments. Just when you think he can't be brought any lower, some God or family member conspires against him in the hopes of destroying him. This book offers a new perspective on the DH world; as previous events in this series are recounted through the eyes of Styxx plus his thoughts and opinions of Acheron and other key characters from previous books are enlightening. He may be considered the evil twin, but Styxx proves to be as much a hero who deserves his own HEA as Acheron. 4 stars

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant?, 15 Sep 2013
I have found the last few of Miss Kenyon's DH books to be not as good as they could have been so I ordered this hoping it would be better than the last. It was. It is conceivably the best written of all Miss Kenyon's books and is a massive journey of a read. However, the level of abuse and torture detailed in this book makes very uncomfortable reading and puts the trials suffered by both Acheron and the Born series of heroes into the shade. I dread to think what trials future heroes of her books might suffer. I can understand why this book has received some very low ratings because of the sustained abuse detailed in the first 70% of the book. There were a few points in the story where I thought I might not be able to finish the book as Styxx is not the person described in Acheron's story and is so well written as a character that it is impossible not to empathise with his suffering. In fact I ended up feeling annoyed with Acheron, my previous favorite character. I have given it 4*s and not the five the quality of writing deserves simply because of the level of abuse and torture.

Styxx (Dark-Hunter World)
Styxx (Dark-Hunter World) by Sherrilyn Kenyon (Paperback - 25 Mar 2014)
8.69