4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not MacLean's best.
Alright, it might be just me, but this was only nice. Sarah MacLean is a lovely author, and I find her first couple of books awesome, however, the last few were just nice for me.

Published 7 months ago by kara-karina (Nocturnal Book Re...

3.0 out of 5 stars Something lacking!!!!!
I will start with I am a big fan of Sarah Maclean's novels and have all her books,read everyone but this series of books has something lacking!
Published 6 months ago by ten24

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice, but not MacLean's best., 3 Dec 2013

I don't know why I'm not enjoying her writing more. Both Temple and Mara were extremely interesting characters, and I admired this couple. But... I couldn't connect to them. All the good stuff was just touched up - the orphanage, Mara's mysterious medicinal skills, Temple's life beside the one in the ring.

Oh yes, they were mentioned, but don't expect any juicy details - there were none. There were also no descriptions of Mara's past, and how Temple ended up on the streets. Was there an investigation? Did his dad throw him out? What happened?

That's what made this book just nice and not great. The ending though... It really made me curious of Chase's story. I'm quite looking forward to the forth rule of scoundrels, peeps! Recommended with slight reservations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Something lacking!!!!!, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (Rules of Scoundrels) (Paperback)
I read the first one 'A rouge by any other name' and found that slow and wanting then read the second 'One good earl deserves a lover' hoping for better and I put that book down 4 times as I found it really hard to commit as it was unconvincing skipped most of the pages and I have never done that before!!!
Moving onto 'No good duke goes unpunished' was hoping for so much more and still nothing, found each scene repeating the last scenes words again and again! I came to the conclusion that there is no real detail of place or character and I mean in the sense of setting a scene or picture in your head it can feel rather 2D where you yourself are writing in the details and as an avid book reader all my life that is the one thing that never needs to happen when reading a good book!
I really don't want to give this book a negative review but I somehow feel cheated! It feels rushed, onto the next one which does happen when there is a series. I wish authors would take their time writing and produce great fiction rather then forgettable novels. I will purchase the final one in the series as I personally need a conclusion with all the time and money invested but as for any future novels from this author I am still on the fence about that?
I will let you be judge and read for yourself maybe I wanted something more surround then tunnel vision!
If you want everything of a novel read Lisa Kleypas no one does it better it almost feels like you've watched a visual of the story, SUPERB!!!

P.S.
The best novel from this author Sarah Maclean has got to be 'ELEVEN SCANDALS TO START TO WIN A DUKES HEART' loved it so much read it more times than I can count and will read again and again! You fall in love with both characters and beautifully written, please Sarah more like that!!!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars oh my!, 30 Nov 2013
I would never have expected that? Sarah MacLean has captured the lives of these fallen angels and given such warmth and power; I feel I'm in this notorious club. I will be waiting so patiently for her next instalment and to see the history behind Chase. Captivating thank you.

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite voice in historical romance!, 24 Jun 2014
Sarah MacLean is in a league of her own where historical romance is concerned. I cannot think of any other author in this genre who crafts a story as elaborately as she does, and I am known to read my fair share of romance novels of all kinds. Her novels are smart and polished without losing their unique touch. MacLean never fails to let you know what a talented writer she is, and that quality alone endears her books to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable read, 14 Jun 2014
Ita Richards (London. U.k.) - See all my reviews
This is the latest in this series. I really enjoyed the story. although similar in some respects to the previous ones, it was still a good read.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book, fun :), 10 Jan 2014
It was a fun read no doubt! I love her books and always look forward to a new one because they are so much fun and keep me entertained every time. This book is no different so if you need a pick me up or something to make you smile - go for it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent entertaining read, 30 Dec 2013
This is a great series of books and this is the third one and still entertaining excellent book the story line is great

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd rule of scoundrels, great, 2 Dec 2013
Follows the previous 2 novels and we meet friends from previous books, if you are a fan of the scoundrels you need no introduction, if this is your 1st scoundrel book I would suggest you start with number 1 "A rogue by any other name, then number 2, One good earl deserves a lover" The books follow 4 friends who were for various reasons cast aside from society and run their own gamboling club, each of the first 3 are bought down by the ladies who enter their lives. At times the writing reminded me of Loretta Chase with the added humorous moments, I love the series and wait impatiently for the 4th book and what a shock that is going to be according to the ending of this one.
To give to many details will spoil the anticipation trust me if you like humour and strong alfa men you will love these books.
Also try her previous series of 3 books starting with "Nine rules to break when romancing a rake".

5.0 out of 5 stars 3rd in the series. Great., 29 Nov 2013
Okay, if you like your historicals true to life, this is not for you, its a bit farfetched which is the reason that I loved it, its escapism pure and simple, and I cant wait for Chase/Annas story with her journalist.

No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (Rules of Scoundrels)
No Good Duke Goes Unpunished (Rules of Scoundrels) by Sarah MacLean (Paperback - 26 Nov 2013)
6.29