5.0 out of 5 stars SPEEDO READING
Published 11 months ago by C. Castree

3.0 out of 5 stars Average. Sorry Rob.
It was okay. It wasn't structured very well and wasn't as funny as Rob usually is. Maybe that's just me.
Published 14 months ago by James

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars SPEEDO READING, 15 July 2014
This review is from: Rob Delaney: Mother. Wife. Sister. Human. Warrior. Falcon. Yardstick. Turban. Cabbage. (Paperback)
If you have ever seen Rob Delaney live or follow him on Twitter, it might terrify you to take this book into your bedroom at night, and if like me you don't get to sleep by reading hilarious books, then take it to the pool or the garden or the igloo (depending where you live), because you'll disturb people with your agressive snorting, laughter and tears. He doesn't warn you about the tears, but I am warning you now. You have a 98.6% chance of sobbing.

Rob's journey includes depression and alcoholism, so of course he handles these subjects with comedic wit, but also with an abundance of warmth and honesty.

I smiled a lot. And then I smiled some more.

5.0 out of 5 stars moist, 20 Nov. 2013
Rob is a wonderful man.
If I could pick 140 characters to be in my life, he would be all of them.
The only person in the world I want to simultaneously have as my father and kiss.
The pages smell good, like they were dyed in Delaney's juices.
There was even a hair stuck in one of the pages, it probably wasn't one of his.
I like how easy it would be to Photoshop the cover.
One time I laughed so hard I started sweating.
I have not yet read this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jokes, keep coming, 7 Nov. 2013
When the book arrived, I came immediately, to pick it up off the doormat and read it. I couldn't put it down, even though I was firing hot ropes of appreciation out of my dong for the open and honest writing. If you think Rob is funny within the character restriction of tweets, then magnify that by 189 pages of text! Wow, terrific!

5.0 out of 5 stars fascinating, 5 Nov. 2013
Rob is an excellent writer, and this book made me laugh SO much. It also kept me up until 2am on the day of its release, until I realised my toddler would be waking (me) up in four short hours, and I reluctantly went to sleep. (I finished it later, after doing ALL my chores)

Formatting in the kindle edition is totally borked for the embedded tweets, but it doesn't really matter.

Rob, one important subject had not been covered: how you met your wife!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this!, 1 July 2015
Rob Delaney is funny, sweet, rude, shouty and, most importantly, very funny. This book is an episodic and slightly randomly selected selection of life moments I've read it twice, it's ace.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good read, 21 Jun. 2015
A funny, intelligent, warm man who has been through his share of tribulations. Looking forward to seeing more of his work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Yes, very good, yes, 22 Jun. 2014
Once I finished this book I started reading I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings and this book still wasn't terrible in comparison, so there you go.

A brilliant book that finds the right mix between depth, warmth, readability and hilarity. Several of the images conjured by his stories will last with me for a considerable time, making me laugh whenever they come into my mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Son. Husband. Brother. Object. Loser. Dodo. Top Hat. Lettuce., 30 Dec. 2013
This book will make laughter come out of your mouth, tears come out of your eyes and love juice come out of your love region. If you do not have a mouth, eyes and/or love region this book will make you grow them. And all that comes in just the first chapter.
Rob sure lives up to his reputation as a Mother, wife, sister, human, warrior, falcon, yardstick AND cabbage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rob Delaney : A compelling read, 27 Dec. 2013
I read this book, cover to cover, in one sitting. I didn't know all that much about the man before hand, but this book is so raw and succinct, I feel a bit like I've read his diary now.

It made me cry bitter tears in places, and laugh really bloody hard in others. Points to Mr Delaney for handling some hefty and personal topics with wisdom and humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars just what I hoped for., 12 Dec. 2013
Painfully candid and hilarious. Delaney's struggle with addiction is recounted in a non-cliched way. Very funny, and a worthwhile read whether you're a twitter follower of his or not.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›