5.0 out of 5 stars A brilliant analysis of the state of Britain, entertaining and easy to read
This morning I heard on the Today Programme that Max Hastings has been slating the British as idle and useless compared with the Chinese. John Humphreys must have been itching to say, "That's a load of tosh and my colleague Evan Davis's book explains exactly why". Well, I can't be certain that John Humphreys has read the book but I have, and I will never be deceived by...
Published on 25 Jun 2011 by Hfffoman

3.0 out of 5 stars A bit of a dull read
I was expecting a book about world class British companies, but it was more about economics and it was a bit obvious, for instance If you want to survive then make higher value goods or services and it is not necessary to manufacture goods just be smarter in design, see Apple for instance.
I was expecting more from the book and was a bit disappointed the book was...
Published 4 months ago by Hertfordsteve

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 27 Jun 2011
This book is a brilliant accompaniment to the television series. Reading it I learnt a lot about British industry and business in spite of considering myself well informed. Evan writes as interestingly as he broadcasts. He clearly is an expert in his subject as he proved when he was BBC Economics editor some years ago. I recommend it strongly

5.0 out of 5 stars Made In Britain: How the Nation Earns Its Living, 24 Dec 2012
An eye-opener. The book gives a whole new insight into the UK's economic performance over the last 30 years or so

5.0 out of 5 stars Made in Britain, 27 Oct 2011
Martin Newlan (Surrey, England) - See all my reviews
This ia a compelling read. Evan Davis is a great communicator, and an expert at clarifying complex economic theories. I saw very little of the television series that the book is based on, but that in unimportant. I urge anyone who thinks that the UK is doomed to read this and cheer up!Made in Britain

4.0 out of 5 stars written review, 30 Oct 2011
Purchased this for my son as a 1st year specialist doing Economics at PreU/A level. We have found it to be very relevant, an easy read and very clear in its economic evaulation of today's climate.

Made In Britain: How the nation earns its living
Made In Britain: How the nation earns its living by Evan Davis (Paperback - 3 May 2012)
6.14