on 27 March 2006
Having been lucky enough to get a signed (and dedicated) advanced copy of this book, I sat down to read it with great expectation - being a big Dyson fan anyway, I was expecting to be impressed. And I wasn't disappointed. The book starts off with suspense, and keeps it there the whole way through, with an ending that left me in tears - something that suprised me, considering the matter of fact and unsentimental delivery of the ending.

A great book, and a must have for any Dyson fan
on 24 March 2006
Jeremy Dyson's first novel is a masterpiece. A really refreshing read from start to finish. Dyson constantly keeps you enthralled with his characteristic twists and turns, knocking you over with the final blow. Amazing!
on 14 August 2011
I thought this would have the great black humour of "the league of gentlemen" or the comedy of Mark Gatiss's books but no it is a pretty dry teenage boy fancies girl out of his league type of thing. There is more to it but the ending is written in such a style that jars so much from what has gone before it was a dissapointment.
Mr Dyson seems to experiment with different styles within the novel and only one of them really works. Not awfull but I thought it would be better.
on 16 August 2006
I've literally just finished this book and felt compelled to write something about it.

I cried, laughed and was shocked at times. I loved this book from cover to cover. Please please read.

on 21 September 2006
i was very moved by this book and i didnt think i would be. im not sure what i was expecting but i was pleasently surprised. readers of all genres will find something here i highly recommend it to everybody.