Format: Paperback|Change

on 15 May 2013
Since visiting Graceland last November I have been avidly reading all I can about Elvis,I've read several books but these seem the best
on 22 July 2014
Even knowing the Elvis story.. I was unprepared for the heartbreak..'an extraordinary detailed and accomplished biography' ...
on 30 November 2012
Excellent. Details doesn't make this hard to read.
If I didn't have this I'd buy it again. Very very very good
on 20 April 2014
You can never know too much about the king, I am grateful to the author for sharing this with me.
on 3 January 2016
I have read both the first volume and this one, in Guralnick's mammoth biography of Elvis. It is a good read, if perhaps a bit too comprehensive to keep a track on the progression of Presley as a person and to better understand how he ends up in such a poor state at the end. If you want an interesting and easily readable history of Presley then this book is worth going for.
on 5 April 2016
Book is brilliant but not happy with the quality of the book. It is obvious that the book has been used before. Cover worn and dirty. The content of the book is amazing really good unknown facts of the greatest singer/performer of all time who changed music for ever in the 1950's, who died in 1977 and who still sells records today.
on 28 December 2015
I COULDNT PUT IT DOWN!!!
I'm not that much of a reader in fact this was only my second book ive finished. I have to really want to read to finish it. I usually get bored and put book down after chapter or two. but this book and the other one by the same author. if u don't have this book then u cant call yourself a elvis fan!!!
on 12 November 2014
Am hoping I will enjoy this book was rather disappointed with the condition of the book I appreciate it is second hand but nowhere near the condition of the other second hand one which I bought. It did however come very quickly . I had ordered the same book from another site but it was hen out of stock!!!
on 28 February 2015
The Unmaking of elvis pressley is the most indepth book i have ever read about the musical legend.
The book is well written and interesting in places, i feel that the book is a little too long and it can drag on in some places,but it is very good value for money and i enjoy most of it.
on 20 January 2001
I am only 16 but addicted to Elvis. The book helped me learn all aspects of his life from his music to life inside Graceland. It is full of facts and eveything you ever wanted to know.