Format: Paperback|Change

on 5 February 2012
The third of the four-books saga by a master of story telling, the English version will come out in spring 2012 as "The Prisoner of Heaven". Notwithstanding the many flashbacks, an altogether easier story to follow. It provides many explanations and connections about facts and people we have met in the two previous books. One warning: to be able to enjoy "The Prisoner of Heaven", you will have to go back to "The Angel's Game" - a very complex, dark and oppressive book - to retrace some of the characters and happenings. The city of Barcelona takes a much more secondary role, as we learn everything about Fermin Romero de Torres' background and troubled life through his emotional ups and downs. Figuring a more mature and assured Daniel Sempere, some new characters join the saga, leaving the reader with the impression that they will be the key for the final wrap up. Can't wait for the fourth and last book to provide the solution to the still many questions we passionate readers are left with.
on 28 May 2013
This is the third book of a trilogy. It is a gripping story and follows on fom the first two. However it is a good read on it's own, without having to read the earlier books. The language is not too difficult for a none native Spanish speaker to follow. It's a good book for a student studying Spanish.
on 16 May 2013
I have read all of this series and they are fantastic. Can't recommend this highly enough. If you can read in the original then please do - I just love the way he puts words together.
on 7 July 2013
This is a great read, I was so into it. If you have read La Sombra del viento and El Juego del Angel you will enjoy this one more. Can't wait for the next one
on 7 May 2013
Es uno de mis escritores favoritos, historias muy originales y llenas de intriga, es conveniente leer La Sombra del Viento y El Juego del Angel antes.
on 14 December 2012
I bought this for my wife as she loves reading in Spanish, she loved it. We have now bought 2 or 3 copies in English for her friends.
Otra vez me cautivaron Daniel y Fermín Romero de Torres. Vuelve al principio y aclara muchas cosas de la sombra del viento.
on 25 December 2012
Good story as always. Print is quite big so your eyes don't get tired. I love reading in Spanish. I very much enjoyed it.
Fantastic end for the trilogy. I had to finish it within days, I could not put it down. Beautiful use of the language.
on 26 September 2013
This is a book set in the same series as El Sombra del Viento, which established Zafon as a stylish novelist of the first rank. Set again in Barcelona during the civil war and its aftermath Zafon has ample scope to describe some of the horrors of that time but always with his splendid use of language. Not quite as good as "El Sombra" but nevertheless highly recommended.