Format: Paperback|Change

on 23 June 2014
Definitely a book even for people who aren't interested in science, for those who are this is a must read.
on 29 March 2013
Great book, everyone should read it. A must have on your book shelf, give a friend a copy if you have it.
on 11 January 2016
I loved the TV series when I was a boy. The book is a wonderful reminder of that classis TV series.
on 10 April 2011
The original major attempt to popularise cosmology , this tremendously successful book is probably now just slightly dated. Other subsequent works have managed, with the same journalistic approach, to cover somewhat more detail about the further reaches of cosmology.

Worth reading, however, to experience Sagan's vigour and inspiring passion for the subject.

The book covers the structure and chemistry of the solar system, and its individual planets and comets; the structure and chemistry of the universe, and its individual stars and black holes; and some speculations about the origins of life on earth, and the existence of life elsewhere in the universe.
on 28 January 2016
really enjoyed the book, it was in really good condition when I received it.
on 9 September 2014
this man was a genius. could have small children hanging on his every word
on 22 May 2011
Ive never seen the tv series, but thought the book would be a good place to start in learning something about our planet and universe. Carl Sagen shares everything he knows, which is alot! This book is jammed packed with facts on everything to do with us humans, earth, the solar system and more. It did, for me, get a bit too detailed on some areas, but I just skimmed read those parts.
All in all the book was a good read and I learned alot. Anyone wanting to learn about the cosmos, this may be a book for them.
on 15 January 2014
I bought this book as I loaned my original copy out and never got it back. Of course some of the content is way out of date, and I don't mind that. It's Carl Sagan's writing that I wanted. It's just so well written. There are more up-to-date books out there but I have found they aren't written with Sagan's passion.
The used copy I bought had been thumbed through a few times, but I expected that. I'm glad this book is in my collection again.
on 14 April 2015
was worried it would be outdated but its not - great read
on 29 May 2003
Way back in the begining of the 80's I watched the Cosmos series on TV. A few years later I bought the book. I still re-read the book every now and then, and every time I read it I miss the visuals of the TV series. Otherwise it's a great book, even if some of it has become a bit dated in 20-odd years.