5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful read.
I bought this book after someone on Facebook recommended it. I enjoyed every word. A wonderful story of love, family reunion and community.
Published 8 months ago by Hazel

3.0 out of 5 stars The Wishing Thread: A Novel
Published 5 months ago by Sarah

3.0 out of 5 stars The Wishing Thread: A Novel, 14 May 2014
I started this book having been sold on the premise that it would be like Sarah Addison Allen, unfortunately i found that although it is in the magical realism genre it is not as like Sarah Addison Allen as i would have hoped. I could feel there were elements that both authors have in common, but somehow this book was not as magical or a spine tingling as Addison Allen. I also felt that i couldn't connect with the characters as well as i felt i could have done. As a first attempt at this type of writing it is reasonable, it isn't badly written, just lacking that special something that magical realism really needs. I will look out for further books by this author because i think she could become a good writer with just a little more polish.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a wonderful read., 22 Feb 2014
Hazel (Hemel Hempstead, Herts, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars A lovely read whether you can knit or knot: ..., 17 Sep 2014
D. Machin (Yorkshire) - See all my reviews
A lovely read whether you can knit or knot :-) . Similar to S.A.A where life and magic mingle, but L.V.A def has her own style. Plot sounds insane (magic knitting?!!) but its so lovely and heart warming. A thoroughly enjoyable read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 24 Aug 2014
excellent read

The Wishing Thread
The Wishing Thread by Lisa Van Allen (Paperback - 25 Sep 2013)