5.0 out of 5 stars Highgate Rise by Anne Perry

Published 2 months ago by Anon

5.0 out of 5 stars Highgate Rise by Anne Perry, 7 Sep 2009
Mrs. Julie A. Wallen (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Highgate Rise (Paperback)
As always with any Anne Perry book, you know your in for a very good read. It helps to have read previous William and Charlotte Pitt mysteries to understand them well. However, once I read one of the books in the series, I felt the need to start at the beginning of the series to learn more, once I started I couldn't stop reading. I have enjoyed all of books so far. Get reading, you won't regret it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 29 Mar 2001
Mrs. K. A. Wheatley "katywheatley" (Leicester, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Highgate Rise (Paperback)
I love the way each book in this series is set in a different part of London so you get a real feeling for what 19th Century London was like. It is also interesting how class affects each area and consequently Pitt's ability to solve the crime. The higher class the area, the more difficult it is and this is a tricky one. As Pitt is a working class man it is hard for him to be accepted into middle and high class life and he is often viewed as more of a nuisance than the crime itself. This is a very satisfying book and I enjoyed it greatly.

1.0 out of 5 stars dont bother, 9 July 2014
This review is from: Highgate Rise (Kindle Edition)
awful, simply awful

5.0 out of 5 stars ann perry, 12 May 2013
denise (United kingdom) - See all my reviews
another one of ann perry to add to my collection it just keeps growing all the time will need a bigger book case

5.0 out of 5 stars Anne pery book, 12 Mar 2013
This review is from: Highgate Rise (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt Novels) (Paperback)
Only just started reading it but already there are several suspects so no idea who has killed the lady.
Taking book to work cant put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highgate Rise, 3 April 2010
Lorraine (Worcestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Highgate Rise (Paperback)
Another excellent Thomas and Charlotte Pitt novel by Anne Perry. This novel tackles murder in society circles and when one of their number is murdered by fire the matter becomes serious.

1.0 out of 5 stars HIGHGATE RISE, 24 Jan 2013
WHAT A LOAD OF WAFFLE, Childish in detail when two words would suffice she adds ten, No Victorian atmosphere in fact i was transferred to a down market three bed semi,I would advise the author to read SAMUEL PEPYS The unequaled self before embarking on a new novel,my opinion very scrappy remove the S and you know what i mean you say you want 75 words on such drivel, do you want me to pad it out, Right here we go Page 30 the kettle was boiling and charlotte heated the pot then made tea and set it to brew sixteen words when it should have read { she made tea } need i say more

5.0 out of 5 stars Annne Perry HighgateRise, 19 Aug 2010
Mrs. J. D. Cook (England U.K.) - See all my reviews
I have not read this book yet as I am reading Anne Perry's Death in the Devil's acre. If Highgate rise is as good as all the other Thomas Pitt Novels then I know that I am going to enjoy it.

Highgate Rise (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt Novels)
Highgate Rise (Charlotte & Thomas Pitt Novels) by Anne Perry (Paperback - 4 Oct 2011)
Used & New from: 5.53