5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Second Instalment
I will own up to be a die hard Terry Brooks fan, therefore my review may be very biased. I really enjoyed the first two books and my gut feeling is that the third will be superb, given the positioning of the first two. I am so pleased that the trilogy will be published much sooner than the annual schedule of the past. Suffice to say, I loved the story, enjoyed the...
Published on 13 Mar. 2013 by Paul Williams

3.0 out of 5 stars Much of the same
I have been a life long fan of Terry Brooks since reading the Sword of Shannara nearly 25 years ago and his early works were fantastic, full of adventure, epic battles, solid character development and you felt fully engaged with the storytelling. However there has been a definate decline in his most recent works which have been a tad bland. Having read volumes 1/2 of the...
Published 24 months ago by Gideon100

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Counting down to book 3, 8 April 2013
This is a continuation of Wards of Faerie and will conclude in Witch Wraith. I don't want to spoil the story for anyone but just wanted to add that there is a major cliffhanger at the end of this book which will make you scream for book 3! If you've read the Elfstones of Shannara then this book is definitely for you!

1.0 out of 5 stars Boring, 7 Jun. 2014
I really looked forward to reading these 3 novels, however, on doing so I find that they are a virtual rerun of his earlier books. I feel rather cheated having paid twice to read the almost identical storey line.
All this goes ditto for Book 3, Witch Wraith !

4.0 out of 5 stars Good not great, 13 May 2014
Great story teller, keeps you engrossed for hours but you have the feeling that we have been here before and therefore lack the excitement of previous novels.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dark Legacy Of Shannara., 8 May 2014
Good story and good plot. The tale races along and you don't want to put it down it's so fast. You are taken into the realms of Faerie elves and other( beyond this realm ) creatures, but the author has made them come to life and quite believable. Enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great-escape into the world of Shannara , and a great read, 22 April 2014
My review for all 3 books in the trilogy:

A great lead into the story; just as we’ve come to expect from Terry Brooks. Interesting characters combined with a good story, old history revisited, familiar places and new. Re-entering the Shannara world is like putting on a comfortable sweater and sitting in front of a log fire with a good drink to hand! If that’s what you’ve come to expect, you won’t be disappointed. If you’re new to Shannara novels you’ll enjoy it, but I’d suggest starting with the original ‘Sword of Shannara’ and working your way up!

I enjoy the way Terry composes his novels; and this has been no exception. If you read this, like me it leaves you wanting to get on with the next instalment…

One point (Mr Brooks); it would’ve been good to read the previous trilogy first (High Druid of Shannara); but I couldn’t!!! It’s not available on Kindle, so I had to read the next one instead (what else could I do at 11:00pm?!)

One other small criticism; a couple of the plot lines in the trilogy are a little bit predictable, but I can forgive this because I still really enjoyed it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Shannara, 26 Mar. 2014
Downloaded this series as I have the books, which I am replacing by putting them on to the Kindle, lack of storage, but really enjoyed rereading them again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it, 22 Mar. 2014
I have been reading these since I was a young man ( and now I'm not ) and this series was as good as any of it.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but long, 17 Mar. 2014
hi i enjoyed this instalment but have yet another book to read,which makes a very long drawn out story with a lot of death.

4.0 out of 5 stars Shannarra series, 10 Mar. 2014
I have read a lot of Terry Brooks and always enjoy them. This one shorter than his usual but up to usual standard

5.0 out of 5 stars Final book of three, 23 Jan. 2014
Drags you in into the mystical worlds and times let your imagination run riot and be prepared for a few unexpected twists and turns plus a few new perspectives on older preconceptions. Like as in life there are two sides to any story and you do not always consider the alternative point of veiw but when you do it sometimes sheds a different light on things..Could not put it down.

‹ Previous | 1 2 313 | Next ›

Bloodfire Quest (Dark Legacy of Shannara)
Bloodfire Quest (Dark Legacy of Shannara) by Terry Brooks (Hardcover - 12 Mar. 2013)
Used & New from: £1.77