Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

on 27 October 2011
Just finished Maya Banks Never Love a Highlander and I adored it I am not a big fan of historical romance normaly but I am a big Maya Banks fan and its why I read the series. Never Love a Highlander is the final book and carries on where the last book ended we see Caelen marry Rionna after both of Caelens brothers met and fell in love with their wives in the last two books and both couldnt marry her at the last minute in the previous books so it left Caelen to marry her to unite his family name and army with hers and they could carry on the war against Cameron the baddie from all the three books, whew!!! for anyone that has not read the series do start with book one all three books are fab and this one was the perfect book to end the series, Rionna is strong gutsy and has some great one liners like the two women characters from the other books shes as smart as a whip and has her man wrapped around her little finger, these are very romantic stories so fans of Maya Banks previous books be warned there is sex but not the hot sex scences her other books have these are more soft but this book had me smiling and gave me a warm heart all the way through, it was good to see Caelen finaly forgive himself for his part in his familys tragedy where his farther and sister in law were killed and at last Rionna has her man! after being rejected by the other two Mccade brothers give book one a go i am sure you will be hooked by in Bed with a Highlander Ewan and Maririns story and again by Alarics and Keeleys book Seduction of a Highlander great series shame its all done!
on 10 December 2011
A few days ago I finished this trilogy of books and boy was I sorry..I won't go into the detail of the stories as other reviewers have done a fine job..what I would like to say is..if you love highlander romance then this set of books will leave you wanting more..I wish there had been ten brothers..really!! The plots and action in the books was fab..just like you want your highland warriors to be..the women were brave and loyal..but it was the romance that was so..so..oh so..I wished I was one of those 'lasses'.. the love scenes were to die for.. the sex is hot but so wonderfully written that it leaves you all warm and fuzzy..I have read a few of Maya Banks book which verge more on the erotica side..no probs there..but these are more..how can I describe them..more gentle..as you have probably guessed I loved them..
on 22 June 2012
And finally it's Rionna's book! I was intrigued by Rionna's character right from book one when she stomped up to a group of warriors, in trousers and helm, and showed them just who was bitch with the pointy end of her sword. Oh, how that doth ticketh all my boxes. When she took her helmet off and they realized it was a lass? Hee hee! I love it!

And who has she been paired with but the surliest of the brothers, Caelen McCabe. And man who's convinced all women are treacherous wenches just waiting to strike after a betrayal when he was but a young lad. It's fair to say Caelen has a few issues to work through, and only someone as strong as Rionna could have possibly tamed this particular Highlander's heart.

"'Tis a universal truth that when a lass says she's been thinking, a man ought to be wary."

It was another emotional book but I didn't cry quite as much as I did over book two (probably since that's impossible). And there was a lot more action than in the previous book two, which I like. I wouldn't have expected anything less from Rionna's book, really.

The overall story arc has been wrapped up nicely and I have to say this has been a really wonderful trilogy. Maya Banks will be an auto-buy author from here on out.

Highly recommended to all fans of Scottish romance.

4 Stars! ''''
on 16 March 2012
This was a great read, i couldnt put it down. I even had to get all the books in the trilogy, and despite reading them in the wrong order (as i didnt know it was part of a trilogy at first), it still read well.
I was really sad when i got to the end, as i wanted more. Castles, warriors and men with honour to whisk you off your feet...what more do you want ladies?
I'd read them all over again.
on 14 April 2016
This book is the last in the trilogy, I read it first and it remains my favourite.

The heroine rionna is a woman who refuses to accept the limitations of her gender, as much as she can within her historical context of course. She loves to fight, she is better with a sword than most men, she refuses to conform to expectation of dress and manners, she has no wish to marry but she must do her duty. It seems no-one wants to marry her either. One after the other two intended husbands find some-one else to marry at the last moment, leaving her with their youngest brother, dark, brooding, distrustful of women, but equally bound by duty.
They are both stubborn, strong characters who spend the first part of the story trying to avoid each other as much as possible and rubbing each other up the wrong way. Eventually they each begin reveal their vulnerability and the sparks fly. It's a really good well written punchy romance with a healthy dose of swashbuckling adventure along the way.
on 21 June 2012
This the last book in the trilogy with another Aw! The youngest brother Caelen must accept his wife's penchant for a bloody good fight. Plenty of plotting and bedding. Enjoyed Maya Banks take on the Scottish Clans.
on 24 June 2014
Arrived promptly, in good condition, reasonable price. This set of books is a really good read and I would unreservedly recommend the set to anyone who loves history and romance. The authoress has done her research and they all slot together perfectly. You need the entire set to appreciate the work that has gone into these books but they are so good you can't wait to read the next one. Just get them in the right order though so as not to confuse yourself. Absolutely loved reading them and was so sad when I got to the end
on 10 September 2012
This is the last one in the series. Fab-u-lous lovely story. really loved this set of books really sad to finish them. I have saved them on my Kindle as i am sure I will want to read them again in the future. These books have it all drama, twists, excitment,love,steamy your on the edge of your seat with anticipation. The stories are always surprising you. Loved it loved it loved it. I can HIGHLY RECOMMEND THEM !!!!!!!!!! I am sure you will not be disapponted. ENJOY I DID.
on 11 January 2013
This was the second in the trilogy and I really enjoyed the story line and the romance with some spicy sex in., it was a good read and I have already ordered third book. I would recommend this writer I stumbled upon her but I have not been disapointed.
on 27 April 2014
I really enjoyed this book set in a past time,with different standards and morals.Very descriptive and enables you to place your self in the past and just lose yourself.If you one in the Highlanders book your sure to want to read more.