5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing
Published on 13 Nov 2011 by Mrs. Leanne A. Lingwood

1.0 out of 5 stars Eye catching Cover
Book does not live up to title predictable banal text. Not a good read. Literary merit nil not able to recommend it.
Published 11 months ago by NMJ Hann

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 13 Nov 2011
Mrs. Leanne A. Lingwood (Leeds, England) - See all my reviews
Keeley was disowned by her clan which made her the strong independent woman she is. When Alaric literally lands at her doorstep she sees that he is injured and her healing abilities take over and see brings him in to tend to his injuries. As he heals she starts to feel close to him and when he is rescued by his family and she is dragged along as well. She is feisty when taken as she doesn't want to leave the life she has made for herself but she realises what she is missing when she becomes part of the McCabe clan. She tries to do the right thing with Alaric and leave him alone when she learns he is destined for another but her feelings become to strong to ignore. She does the right thing in the end which makes her a remarkable woman as she realises that he has to follow through with his alliance marriage to save the clan she has fallen in love with.
Alaric is unsure about his impending marriage alliance so when he is injured and wakes up to find Keeley looking after him it gives him the opportunity to put it off for a while. But as he spends more time with Keeley he realises his feelings are growing strong and he needs to stay away to save her feelings but it becomes harder and harder to do that. Every time the marriage topic comes up he finds himself trying to fight but he is honourable and knows he has to go through with it to help protect his family clan and secure their future.

Wow this book was emotional, heartbreaking and passionate and I loved it. At one point I was thinking how the author was going to make it that Keeley and Alaric were together at the end and she literally saved it at the last minute with a near heartbreaking ending. I couldn't stop reading this until I found out how they survived and was so happy at the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tear-jerker, 22 Jun 2012
The Demon Librarian (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy) (Mass Market Paperback)
I must admit to being initially a bit disappointed that Rionna wasn't going to be the heroine as I'd assumed after reading the last book. As you'll recall (assuming you are reading them in order as you should!), Alaric stepped up to marry Rionna McDonald in order to form the alliance that his brother Ewan could no longer make after his marriage to Mairin Stewart. This kind of selfless honour describes Alaric perfectly. He's is a very honourable man and fiercely loyal to his brother, Laird Ewan McCabe of clan McCabe. That's what makes the storyline for this so heart-wrenching. The conflict of loyalties Alaric has to battle with is almost painful to witness.

After my initial worry, I soon came to absolutely adore Keeley. She was such a strong heroine. Emotionally strong, stubborn, determined and very caring. I thought she was wonderful and perfect for Alaric. If only fate weren't so cruel...

"Angel. I've gone to heaven, aye. 'Tis the only explanation for beauty such as this."
"Nay, warrior. 'Tis not heaven you've found. You're still of this world, although you might be feeling as though you've been gripped by the fires of hell."
"'Tis not possible for an angel such as you to reside in the bowels of hell."

I admit to crying like a newborn babe for at least an hour whilst reading this book. It totally got me hook, line and sinker. It's a real emotional ride. Bittersweet doesn't even begin to cover it. My only negative, and the only reason it didn't make a full house stars-wise, was that the sex scenes were a bit OTT for me. I realise this won't bother most people, people that enjoy erotica and such, but I don't so the second round of sex scenes could have been skipped for me.

If you are a fan of Scottish Romance as I am, this trilogy is a must read. It made me want to go straight onto the next book, which I did. Highly recommended.

4 Stars!

5.0 out of 5 stars seduction of a highlander, 21 Jun 2012
Another Aw! Just finished book 2 of this trilogy.This story is about the second brother Alaric. The Clan's are still battling it out. There's a nice little twist in this one and to be honest I cried, but love conquers all, so they say. Twas truly breath taking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seduction of a Highland Lass, 6 Dec 2011
Would have given this book 10 stars if I could. Beautifully written and had me in tears. Emotional and passionate, I never wanted it to end. Alaric and Keely were amazing strong characters and had me so hooked I found it difficult to put the book down. I have already read quite a few Maya Banks books and have to say this was a completely different style of writing that did not leave me disappointed. Amazing! Emotional roller coaster. Loved it , loved it loved it.........need i say more.

5.0 out of 5 stars seduction of a highland lass, 4 May 2014
Loved, loved, loved this book! The series is great. I thoroughly recommend it for anyone who enjoys books about the highlands of Scotland and romance.

4.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable Series, 16 April 2014
I liked this whole series. Strong male and female characters, similar and yet all a bit different. I enjoyed the first book in the series the most, but still enjoyed the tales about the other two brothers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Romace novel- love, 14 April 2014
The second book to this series is really good. I loved the characters and the story. Cannot wait for the third book.

5.0 out of 5 stars 4.5, 17 Mar 2014
Not quite as good as the first book in the series and I spent part of the time wanting news on Ewen and Mairin. Otherwise it was quite good.

1.0 out of 5 stars Eye catching Cover, 11 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 1 May 2013
Finished this Second book late into the night and straight on the way to the third!!! Maya Banks has written a terrific heart jerking book. There are so many strong characters in the book who blend so well together, I really enjoyed the minor character Gannon. I also enjoyed the forbidden romance that Alaric and Keeley couldn't fight. This love was raw and powerful. Although I didn't think the over the top sex scenes from one specific night were necessary - i just felt it was out of line with the writing in the first book and the second book. I did think that could have been written in a more different more sensual romantic way, but as the book went on I very soon forgot all about them as the storyline was so poignant. through all this and the loyalty and love of the McCabe clan shine through. Loved the story, loved the book, pure tear jerker.

Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy)
Seduction of a Highland Lass (McCabe Trilogy) by Maya Banks (Mass Market Paperback - 15 Nov 2011)