5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful!
Published on 10 Jan 2011 by Marketa

3.0 out of 5 stars avid fan
Published on 28 Dec 2010 by Emmerleth

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely wonderful!, 10 Jan 2011
I read the last review with surprise. I am a fan of both McCaffrey and Scarborough and have read all their books. Some I liked more than others. This one is one of the more superior ones, and I am not a child but a middle-aged scientist. The characters in this book are cats and some humans, I felt that there was ample time to get to know the characters and to grow very fond of them indeed. There was enough action to make the book flow fast, but not so much that there was no time to enjoy the emotions, feelings and thoughts of each of the main characters.

The story line is very interesting and for any cat-lover this book is a purfect read! But even for non-cat people it is a sublime story that should be found on every book shelve.

I hope there will be a third book in this series in the same vane.

3.0 out of 5 stars avid fan, 28 Dec 2010
I must admit to being a total Anne Mccaffrey fan I have every 1st addition hardback of all her books some even signed by the author herself (many thanks).But this book just did nothing for me the characters have no depth you can't get attatched to them the way you could other characters like the Rowan and The Master Harper Robinton.Saying that the plot was interesting and could of had a lot more done with it.This book is purrrrfectly fine for children but maybe I am just showing my age !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Catacombs by Anne McCaffrey, 8 Jan 2013
This review is from: Catacombs: A Tale of the Barque Cats (Tale of Barque Cats) (Paperback)
Anne McCaffrey is one of my favourite authors as a rule. Having read the Tower and the Hive series I love the Barque Cats depicted in them. However, I was sadly disappointed by this prequel. Not one I shall be keeping.

5.0 out of 5 stars great for cat fans, 3 Sep 2012
A. Miller (glasgow scotland) - See all my reviews
loved the stories the cats are fantastic can just see my two enjoying life as the gods they know they are

4.0 out of 5 stars Cats galore, 3 Mar 2012
McCaffrey delivers, as always, an enchanting tale. This is the second book in the series and even better than the first. If you love cats you will delight in all the different cat personalities portrayed to a T. Read the book and enjoy.

4.0 out of 5 stars read better books by anne, 8 Nov 2014
read better books by anne, gives an insight to the cats in the talent serise , where they come from, bit like Erin Hunters books as mainly from the cat perpective rather than the people

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 27 Nov 2014
M. Bull (Norfolk, England) - See all my reviews
A good read as with everything Anne McCaffrey wrote - with and without collaborators.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not a bad read, 4 May 2014
A decent read, although probably not one I'd read again but I will pass the book to someone else I feel will also enjoy it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Catacombs :a tale of the barque cats, 27 Jan 2013
Again I havenot read it yet, but I always enjoy books by Anne Mccaffrew and I love to read anything about cats

Catacombs: A Tale of the Barque Cats (Tale of Barque Cats)
Catacombs: A Tale of the Barque Cats (Tale of Barque Cats) by Elizabeth Ann Scarborough (Paperback - 10 Jan 2012)