5.0 out of 5 stars Very enjoyable Graphic Novel
Firstly, I would suggest to everyone to ignore the 1 star reviews by people who didn't understand what the word graphic novel means and now feel cheated. If you buy a pair of shoes, you can't complain that you didn't get a handbag - similarly you can't complain about a graphic novel not being a "normal" novel. Maybe reading the description before buying might help...
Published on 28 Sep 2010 by Bonny12

3.0 out of 5 stars Less novel than I thought -but beautiful book!
I was realy excited to learn of The Exile being a massive fan of the series. I was looking forward to reading 'Jamie's side of the story' and the story brought to life in graphics. I was a wee bit disappointed that there was less novel than anticipated and I wasn't expecting a big novel as it was descirbed as a graphic novel. - Someone described it as a 'comic strip' and...
Published on 29 Sep 2010 by Mrs Mac

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars diana gabaldon book, 1 July 2014
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
anyone who reads her books will find this one of particular interest. you need to add it to your collection

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 22 May 2014
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
I bought this book for my sister not really appreciating what a graphic novel was & think she will have a fit when she sees that it is in cartoon form.

3.0 out of 5 stars The Exile, 19 April 2014
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
I am a total fan of the Outlander series so just HAD to have this book to add to my collection. Was disappointed, although the fault was probably with me! It's a 'graphic' novel and must admit I wasn't keen on comics when I was young so perhaps 'graphic novels' don't suit me. I also thought it was rather expensive

5.0 out of 5 stars Love It, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
I have bought all Diana Gabaldon books love all the series and the graphics were great, would recommend to all fans

5.0 out of 5 stars naughty !!!!!, 10 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
"read" it in one go once it arrived, as I did all the other novels from the outlander series, its different in "visual" after all the imagination, will "read" it again and again and again,,,,,

5.0 out of 5 stars Outlander Graphic, 20 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
Loved the book, nice to see what the characters look like in pictures, book was also also colorful and that certain scenes were selected

5.0 out of 5 stars Diana Gabaldon, 13 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
I love Diana Gabaldon books and I love the Outlander Series of books - so this is a plus and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Jamie, 1 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
This book about Jamie's side of the travellers story was a surprise. The graphics were amazing to see and I really enjoyed it, such a change to have the story told in this way.

4.0 out of 5 stars Delivered a week earlier than expected, 15 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
Lovely book - I would definitely recommend this to everyone who is a fan of the 'Outlander' series by Diana Gaboldon.

4.0 out of 5 stars My views on The Exile, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Exile (Outlander) (Hardcover)
I enjoyed the book as an adjunct to the other Outlander novels and as an item of interest in its own right - graphic novels for adults are pretty unusual after all.
It was interesting to go back to the beginning of the saga, seeing it from another viewpoint.

I was, however, disappointed in the graphics. I thought them too harsh, too angular and lacking in any Scottish flavour - they have a slightly exotic air about them which does not really fit the story.
Also, some of the faces are so similar it is difficult to differentiate between them.
I think also, too many liberties have been taken with Claire - her pictures verge on charicature.
That is why I decided on a four rather than five star rating.

‹ Previous | 1 2 36 | Next ›

The Exile (Outlander)
The Exile (Outlander) by Diana Gabaldon (Hardcover - 1 Sep 2010)