All Through the Night: A Troubleshooter Christmas
Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange
Price:£5.13+Free shipping with Amazon Prime

All Through the Night-A Troubleshooter's Christmas.was a big disappointment. I felt that the author was determined to write this book and do it as quickly as she could. The storyline was pathetic.Lately I have found S.Brockmann's book not such a pleasure to read.I read this book in no time and,after finishing it thought,well that's it.Jules deserved his own story but he deserved better than this. I would still like to read Thomas King's and Natasha's story but that does not seem about to happen.Better luck bext book.
on 25 November 2007
I have loved SBs books since Unsung Hero but must admit that some of her more recent works, I have found not so good. This is a novella, not a full length book - ATTN is all about Jules and Robins upcoming marriage. There is very little action, and every single page seems to have at least one or both of them going through the "I love you so much". For anyone new to SB, start with the earlier books and also be aware that this is boy marries boy if you are expecting a usual romance book! Jules has always been one of the best characters but I found Robin very annoying and not worthwhile of Jules. Nothing to do with him being another bloke, I just did not like the way his character was written, I felt the same about Nash in Flashpoint. There is a secondary romance between Will (from FP) and Dolphina (from FoN) but I found this boring and adding nothing to the story.
We meet many of the Troubleshooters, quite a few of which have already had there "happy every after" which in this book, meant SB having just about them all expecting children!
Sam & Alyssa are fairly prominent, my favourite couple from earlier books although I do not find them being written consistently - their relationship was so stormy and passionate, I think it would be much more fun for them to be continuing the fighting and making up rather than even more of the "I love you" on each page of their bits in the book.
So overall, nice for a revisit, does not progress the storylines of any of the interesting characters, (what about Izzy, the Sam/Wildcard character?), hope SB gets back to form next book.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
Normally, Brockmann's books are like a Cox apple, crisp and tart with a bit of sweetness on the edges. It works for the other books, what with their frenetic plot pace, and standout characters, with a dollop of humour. This book isn't in that vein - it's an exploration of what comes after the 'happily ever after', the 'fade to black' as you will. The story is really sweet and frothy, like good a good chocolate drink.

So, this book the culmination of Robin Chadwick and Jules Cassidy's love story, which started as an attraction in Hot Target, only to be confirmed and acted on in Force of Nature. All through the Night finds Robin and Jules ready to take that next step - marriage. Robin and Jules now live in Boston, due to Robin's work commitments (and the fact that after his coming out of the closet, he's gone from A-list to doing gigs for Cable TV, sad but true). Robin and Jules decide to get married - and the book is a rollicking romp towards that big day. Of course, the path of true love doesn't run smooth, what with a stalker, an ex lover and a reporter too smart for his own good on the loose.

This book is a celebration: of Christmas, of love in all its forms: heterosexual, homosexual, familial and filial. You'll like this book if you really, really, really like the characters of Robin Chadwick and Jules Cassidy. Robin, bless him, is funny, open and has a heart as big as the outdoors, whereas Jules tends to be much more guarded, and its interesting to see how both of them make that dynamic work in their favour.

You'll also like the book if you really dig the Jules and Sam dynamic/friendship. Sam really comes up trumps here, as a friend to Jules and Robin, despite his misgivings towards the latter character.

It's a book to read if you really want a dollop of sweetness - and you don't mind that the main relationship is based around two men (but there's a secondary male/female romance) and their relationships with their friends.

This writer for one, expected the book to be 'worthy' due to its reason for being written and all. But there's no message to beat you around the head and shoulders, so enjoy the sticky sweetness of it all, knowing that you've made a grand contribution to a worthy cause. As for me, I'm just glad that Robin and Jules have their happy ending. At freaking last.
on 25 September 2013
If you loved the previous book, Force of Nature, then you're going to love this too. Finally Jules and Robin get their act well and truly together and theirs was a romance of epic proportions. I wasn't sure if I'd like it as I had never read a romance about 2 men but despite sex/race/religion Suzanne knows how to write a romance. I got so swept up in their story, you can feel the love in the room with these two. Just a glance, a look, a slight touch of hands. Can't recommend it enough, I will be reading the whole series again but will especially look forward to this one again.
on 20 January 2012
The 12th and worst of this series. Just more of what is already FAR too much storyline about Jules. This book is boring, boring, boring!! Barely any new story to it - SB's idea obviously was to repeat as much of what's already been said in the other 11 books as she could get away with - and add on a little bit with the usual other characters doing exactly what they always do!!
First few books in the series - great. But now....she's lost me as a fan. I'd already bought the next 4 books but I'm not sure I'll bother reading them. Charity shop here I come.
on 28 October 2011
Not many of Suzanne Brockmann's 'Troubleshooters' series are available as e-books for the kindle and my local library in the U.K. could not order them for me as the titles were 'too old' - so I ordered all those I had still to read via marketplace sellers. Most of these came from the U.S. Now I have read all but one of the series and I love then all - this title tying up the loose ends re Jules and Robin, very nicely. I started to read the series as pure escapism during lengthy hospital treatment but soon realised that there is so much else going on in these books. Brockmann tackles a lot of human and personal issues extraordinarily well and with great sensitivity. Keep your hankies close at hand for this one!