Shop now Shop now Shop now Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Amazon Fire TV Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

Format: Mass Market PaperbackChange

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 December 2008
Part of a triad of power in which each woman has the ability to control earth, wind or fire, Cynda and her "sisters" Riana and Merilee are Sybils; warrior priestesses who battle demonic creatures created by an evil organisation known as the Legion. With power over fire, Cynda is a hot tempered woman with a closed heart; only allowing her Sybil sisters close following her abandonment by her family who feared her gift. Yet Nick Lowell, a Curson (a half human half demon creation) is determined to breach her emotional barriers and claim this woman for his own; however unlike his brother Creed who is now happily married to Riana (book 1 "Bound by Shadow") Cynda's superiors threaten to evict her from the Dark Crescent Sisterhood and remove her power should she pursue a relationship with Nick.

Cynda is caught between her love for her triad and the Sisterhood and her love for Nick, wanting it all but unwilling to become Nick's lover until Riana and Merilee announce the Motherhouse of Ireland will have to come through them first to get their hands on either Cynda or Nick. Yet this is not the only difficulty this powerful triad and the whole Sybil Sisterhood face, as an unknown enemy has amassed an army of Cursons and Astaroths (winged demons who can become invisible) who are specifically targeting fire Sybils for death.

This book is even better than its prequel and the last few chapters are absolutely mindblowing as the Sisterhood faces off an army of demonic creations in Ireland. A water Sybil is discovered (I'll give you a clue; this woman appears in book 1) whilst Astaroth Jake (Nick and Creed's even more demonic brother) appears to be involved in the deaths of various fire Sybils. The attraction between Cynda and Nick parallels any fire she generates and there is certainly more humour found in this book than its predecessor as this pair find themselves naked at the most inconvenient of times when clothes are burnt away in the heat of their passion.

I now eagerly look forward to reading the third book in this series, "Bound by Light" (the story of Merilee and Jake) and I'll keep my fingers crossed that AW plans a book featuring the new water Sybil.
on 3 January 2009
Bound By Flame hits it off with pulse pounding action, it erupts from the pages with blazing fury and threw me into the back alley where Cynda and Nick get attacked. One thing's for sure, Anna Windsor knows how to make me sit up and pay attention from the first chapter, cause immediately a new threat is revealed that reeled me into the world of the Sybils again.

When the Sybils loose one of their own the pages seem to scream with emotion, the feeling of loss almost overwhelming but the Sybils possess a resilience that wills them to fight back, conquer that what tries to bring them down and they had me rooting for them every step of the way. At the heart of the Sybil community are three dynamic women, Riana, Merilee and Bound By Flame centers more around Cynda, the Fire Sybil. And boy does she burn up this story!

I thoroughly enjoyed to get more closely acquainted with Cynda and her fiery personality. It speaks of and is fueled by such passion, emotions and a caring heart. I love the manner in which the author portrays the females/Sybils in her stories, she knows what makes a woman tick and it allows me to feel a part of this Sisterhood, this clan of warrior women that fight the Asmodia, Astaroth and so on to keep mankind safe.

Nick is just about as different from Creed as apple's are from pears. To see Nick in my mind's eye meditate to keep his "Other" named Gideon in check is one of those character details I revel in as a reader. It makes every character come to life, become 3-D and I spend every available minute reading Bound By Flame. The dynamic between Nick/Gideon is humorous at times and at others a bit dangerous but without a doubt undeniable a part of each other. While Creed had to discover his "Other" Nick is almost comfortable within his own skin and then there's Jake, he is wrapped in mystery and I can't wait to sink my teeth in his story.

The romance is equal to the suspense and action-laden storyline but Cynda makes it sizzle, and well, Nick knows how to make Cynda sizzle. Just like with Creed and Raina, Nick and Cynda have a silent eye communication that adds depth to gestures, emotions and their growing feelings. Their thread so fragile at first but rapidly growing and gaining strength, it made me gobble it all up, gorging myself in their romance. When Cynda receives an ultimatum by her Motherhous it tore through me and I can only commend Anna Windsor's for her appealing writing style that can irrevocably make me care so much about each character! Safe to say I was completely absorbed by the romance and the revealing plotline. It worked superbly together, neither had the absolute leading role but both enhanced one another's impact.

It is Nick and Cynda whom light up this book like a match to dry wood, though the actual lovemaking is few, the level of sensuality is scorching the pages and makes their attraction all the more palpable. The problems rise quickly which sets them as a couple for multi life-altering decisions. This in combination with the plot at hand makes the tension rocket from the pages and I was NOT to be disturbed, NOT under any circumstances! The visual Anna Windsor gave me of the riveting events unfolding in the end made my pulse thunder and Nick and Cynda immortalized themselves as a romance couple!

If there is one major secondary character that had me from the first moment it is Andy and her story development is one I swiftly could decipher but to see it confirmed, oh my, what possibilities! With the last page read I could only hunger for Bound By Light and I know that it will not take long for it will be devoured, I can impossibly speak of reading because the need to know how things progress is a hunger that demands instead of asks. Unquestionably top notch writing from Anna Windsor!

Reviewed by Leontine